BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Feel bad for all the chumpspeople that bought the limited editions.

I understand that they're collector's items but c'mon. That lifespan is pretty short.
    You know...as someone who bought the LEs i dont mind really. The books are fantastic and the background much better than the ward stuff was. I dont intend to continue once they replace them though so the sooner GW replaces codexes the sooner they atart not getting ANY of my money
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    bah ninja'd on my ninja!

Lets take a guess on what gets the LoW treatment? No doubt the avatar....
    Would not really mind that. Beeing a plastic model could also mean different weapons (Spear?) and options.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Would not really mind that. Beeing a plastic model could also mean different weapons (Spear?) and options.
    Hoping its Bloodthirster sized... or close to it.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Torn on this one... as our beloved Avatar is no FMC, beeing big is not really a benefit. On the other hand... sure why not... it is not seeing much use anyways.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    You know...as someone who bought the LEs i dont mind really. The books are fantastic and the background much better than the ward stuff was. I dont intend to continue once they replace them though so the sooner GW replaces codexes the sooner they atart not getting ANY of my money
    I'm thinking GWs release schedule is now no longer geared at getting new players in, but getting current players to expand on their existing armies. Ie spend more. Imagine if your codex is updated every two years and every two years you have the option to buy some new or improved plastic kits and codex, we know most of us won't resist. Factor in most players have more than one army too. I used to listen to people saying that GW weren't interested in existing players because they generally spent less than someone getting into the hobby. Is this release schedule a turnaround on that view ? Interesting times ahead.
    A new Avatar would be nice to paint.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

Torn on this one... as our beloved Avatar is no FMC, beeing big is not really a benefit. On the other hand... sure why not... it is not seeing much use anyways.
    What if they updated the Avatar to BE a FMC?

That'd be totally silly.

There's a lot of art and material based on that old Avatar sculpt. It'll be interesting to see how far they go with the updating of it. Surely the proportions will be better, but what other design elements might they change?

Why would they change design elements? For an Avatar done right you just have to look at the Forgeworld one.

Librarian

Why would they change design elements? For an Avatar done right you just have to look at the Forgeworld one.
    Well yeah, logically, but compare the Forgeworld Bloodthirster to the GW one, and to the old GW one. Things change. Even though you look at it and you're like 'Oh yeah, that's definitely a Bloodthirster', there's a lot of nuance and change in detail, not just in size.

I feel a similar thing will happen to the Avatar. You look at it, and it'll look like the Avatar, but it won't look like the FW one, and it definitely won't look like the old GW one.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

a flying avatar wouldnt be exactly great, it'd have all the problems every other Melee FMC has, namely the stupid speed change (because 6th didnt quite cripple ALL assault platforms)
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    To be honest mate I think if you wait long enough they'll get there. If the Genestealer Cult actually happens I'll take it as a sign that anything is possible.
    ....even a decent sisters codex. :P

Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast