BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

What I'd like from a new Avatar - a less statuesque pose.

I mean, I know it's a big metal dude up and about, so a certain feel is unavoidable. But how about a more dynamic, Eldaresque pose? They can do a lot more with plastic these days, far more than you can with resin or metal on large models.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by helline9 View Post
    ....even a decent sisters codex. :P
    Yep.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Waiting for the inevitable change to Seers and Warlocks "can no longer get a Jetbike" as there never was a model and it doesn't look like one is in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Waiting for the inevitable change to Seers and Warlocks "can no longer get a Jetbike" as there never was a model and it doesn't look like one is in the making.
    Part of me says "be hopeful", but then I remember that Archons also lost Jetbikes in the Dark Eldar reboot.

Then again, stuff like Iron Priests buying Thunderwolves and Techmarines on bikes has stuck around, right?

Then again, stuff like Iron Priests buying Thunderwolves and Techmarines on bikes has stuck around, right?
    Thats marines... do not ever compare anything to space marines.

First-Captain

Jetbikes never seemed like something a Farseer would be into, not very dignified, plus most Craftworld Eldar as suspicious of those riding jetbikes, too much like fun.

See, I'm intrigued by the design of the Harlequin jetbikes.

They're reminiscent of the old 2nd Ed Vyper option of a fighting platform - which if my admittedly hazy memory recalls, pre-dates Farseers having their own individual mounts - they would instead deploy on the Vyper Platform as a transport?

I'd love to see those adapted for Farseers and Warlocks - given their unique profile, would also prevent the 'legitimate' use of rubbishy knock off bits kits by the like of ParasiteHouse, as conversion kits for the existing Jetbike kit wouldn't give the same profile, preventing it being WYSIWYG.

Then again, any update to the existing Jetbike could achieve exactly the same thing. Tricksy to sell your ropey knock off when the tired old kit it's meant to be used on is no longer available.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Tonight, I will grab both the 2nd ed codex and the WD issue when the Vyper was released and let you know!

I'm definitely right about the Fighting Platform, because I pinched that idea for a Vyper Mounted Jetbike Farseer when I ran Saim Hann under Codex Craftworld.

It's just whether or not the plain old jetbike was another option in 2nd Ed.

Brother-Sergeant

my thoughts (also posted on another thread);
    -i like the idea that firing the Serpent shield is; all enemy models within 6" of the Wave serpent are hit with strength 1 Ap- with Blind, firing the Serpent shield also grants the Wave serpent the 'Assault vehicle' and 'Frag assault launcher' rules till end of turn.
    -Make Falcon a dedicated transport.

-Ranger long rifle; change Heavy 1 to Salvo 1/2.
    -Howling banshees: replace Acrobatic with Furious Charge. Banshee’s masks grant Hammer of Wrath and Fear
    when they charge.
    -Change Death-spinner from Assault 2 to Template.
    Remove the 'removes a model on a double' from Warp jump generators. Warp spiders have Scout instead of Hit & Run.
    -Make Vipers cheaper and able to join Windrider squads like marine attack bikes.
    -make Dark reapers cheaper.

I would love to see (but it wont happen); up to 2 Webway Gates can be bought as one Eldar fortification; each Webway Gate has Infiltrate, grants Shroud to Eldar within 6" (including itself) and counts as an additional Eldar table edge for reserves/ retreats etc. (any eldar unit can treat any webway gate as an entry or exit point for the game)
    Last edited by helline9; 04-02-2015 at 06:43 AM.

Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast