BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Yeah GW managed to do what we wanted them to do for them... Amazing.
    Yup I'm stunned. Only lacking assault vehicles now unless I missed a new change to the WS.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

I mean, last time I checked T-4 3+s die in droves just like everything else especially with so much ignores cover...Grav-guns and drop pods still say hello... So does centurions with Draigo. Skies are not falling. You know I love my Eldar. It is my favorite army and why I got into 40k. I guess a lot of these people don't play Eldar or actual friendly games. I Played a game recently where I held everything in reserves except for 3 WKs and a squad of rangers, and got drop podded, by 2 squads of centurions and a squad of stern guard. They killed 2 wraith Knights with a 3+/5 up cover save in a single round of shooting I'm excited about the WK buffs, wraith guard die like dogs to poison and salvoed Grav-guns...even in WSs...but then again I didnt think you just needed to take what the Internet tells you to take. /shrugs/
    -insert epic signature-

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    So in only 2 - 5 years I will finally get a good DE codex. Wow. I am already so exited.... and the amazing daemonkin codex with all the good units which are basically the same as in the ****ty CSM codex...
    Yeah... a lot to look forward to...
    You know, I wasn't feeling too bad about the Daemonkin codex... until the Eldar codex popped up. Let's see, Daemonkin get to pay 275 points for a FMC with a Strength D CCW that strikes at I1 (and flying is frankly useless for something only equipped for assault). Then the Eldar come out with a model that's just 20 points more, is a Gargantuan Creature, better stats (except WS and I, and maybe BS, but the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage doesn't use BS, and, as noted, is reduced to I1 by its weapon), that can either fire two D weapons or have a D weapon in assault that strikes at Initiative, and is pretty much as maneuverable, if not more so.

It's like a giant middle finger to the Daemonkin players. And now I feel like that expensive model I bought just wasn't worth it, because it took maybe a month for them to come out with something so vastly superior that it shames anyone putting the BoIR on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Dont-Be-Haten View Post
    I mean, last time I checked T-4 3+s die in droves just like everything else especially with so much ignores cover...Grav-guns and drop pods still say hello... So does centurions with Draigo. Skies are not falling. You know I love my Eldar. It is my favorite army and why I got into 40k. I guess a lot of these people don't play Eldar or actual friendly games. I Played a game recently where I held everything in reserves except for 3 WKs and a squad of rangers, and got drop podded, by 2 squads of centurions and a squad of stern guard. They killed 2 wraith Knights with a 3+/5 up cover save in a single round of shooting I'm excited about the WK buffs, wraith guard die like dogs to poison and salvoed Grav-guns...even in WSs...but then again I didnt think you just needed to take what the Internet tells you to take. /shrugs/
    "Other armies' one-trick ponies and deathstars can kill our basic Troops! Therefore the army is still weak in comparison!"

I'm going to laugh. It's a cruel laugh, yes. But I'm in a place where I find humor in someone being so purposefully stupid that it's obvious they're trolling.

The Jetbikes might die, but then the things that killed them will die horrible, painful deaths. If they're that close, they're in Str. D flamer ranger, and Wraithknight assault range, and even if the WK doesn't have a D assault weapon, it's still got nasty CC attacks and the horribly painful Stomp. So yeah, they might kill the Jetbikes, but then they'll die horribly. And if they focus on the WK (who is cheap enough to lose without concern), the Jetbikes and/or Guardians can shred them with overwhelming firepower.

And thus, the other armies' deathstars and such are neutralized, because we're not playing in a vacuum.

The only unit that can give some serious concern would be something like Thunderwolf Cavalry. Multiple wounds, lots of attacks, Rending, access to lots of power weapons, and can all have 3+ inv. saves, which can be annoying to Str. D. But heck, just make them take scores of saves.

Veteran-Sergeant

Maybe I just don't take my toy time so seriously.

Because my group even plays the ugly "U" word lists /scary voice/. We even make jokes about it, none of the stuff revealed has made me cringe only rejoice in more cool stuff.

In any case, way too much over reaction. I'm very excited about the new dex and what all it offers. I just wish they would bring in new Phoenix Lords and Plastic Aspects. I still have all my metal ones, and I really hate that over half the army is still fine cast. Boo Hiss!~

I do love that new Autarch though. Part of me wishes they would put warlocks back into aspect squads like in the fluff. But wish listing aside, I've gotta go buy more Guardians, because I only have a small number of them. I could never justify using civilians in my war hosts because of my own created craftworld, but I can definitely say I really like a lot of these formations.
    -insert epic signature-

Librarian

Sad about the re-force-orging of my wraith-host but aside from that theres a lot of things I like. Instead of having to choose my three falcons or some wraithlords and reapers now I can take both.

Gotta go pickup another box of gaurdians as well myself...

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    Sad about the re-force-orging of my wraith-host but aside from that theres a lot of things I like. Instead of having to choose my three falcons or some wraithlords and reapers now I can take both.
    Yeah that does stink. But it is also really cool about the tank squads, I think that is definitely for the better, I've always thought about the war host doing that anyways. On another wishful note, I always felt like the Autarch should've been able to buy Exarch Powers. I really wish we knew if they got them now or not.

I'm also super excited about Banshees, Whenever I take them now I think I'll have one of the Farseers roll on santic just for a chance at Hammer hand. Because having a chance at Strength 5 crazy ladies with a 3+ warp charge, with also having a chance to shoot vortex bombs = why not.
    -insert epic signature-

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Dark Reapers are also fairly decent at downing FMCs, what with their Jink negation.
    Dark Reapers look like they may actually be a decent counter to Eldar Jetbikes, which is kind of funny. AP3, ignores jink, twin-linked vs jetbikes, with 2 shots at S5 per Reaper should make some dents in a jetbike squad. With Slow and Purposeful they can also hide in cover the first turn and move out to avoid too much return fire.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dont-Be-Haten View Post
    Yeah that does stink. But it is also really cool about the tank squads, I think that is definitely for the better, I've always thought about the war host doing that anyways. On another wishful note, I always felt like the Autarch should've been able to buy Exarch Powers. I really wish we knew if they got them now or not.

I'm also super excited about Banshees, Whenever I take them now I think I'll have one of the Farseers roll on santic just for a chance at Hammer hand. Because having a chance at Strength 5 crazy ladies with a 3+ warp charge, with also having a chance to shoot vortex bombs = why not.
    Just remember, you're taking a huge risk taking sanctic - if we lose the ghosthelm's nifty "drop a warp charge and pretend that wound never happened" then you could end up doing some serious damage to your farseer. I think i'm going to stuck to runes of fate and battle with my psykers - except the hemlock ofc which telepathy has always been its core competency - although a wet dream would be to allow it to use the psychomancy powers.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Just remember, you're taking a huge risk taking sanctic - if we lose the ghosthelm's nifty "drop a warp charge and pretend that wound never happened" then you could end up doing some serious damage to your farseer. I think i'm going to stuck to runes of fate and battle with my psykers - except the hemlock ofc which telepathy has always been its core competency - although a wet dream would be to allow it to use the psychomancy powers.
    Oh heck yes! That would be awesome. And I agree on the precautions. I've really enjoyed santic powers lately. I will miss being able to summon "Khaine's wrath" though! The white lions painted in red fire to represent Khaine's beasts (Khorne daemons) and the great Hawks & Phoenix to represent a greater daemons and other dark gods monsters, but I'm sure my friends will still let me play that so its all good.

The dire avengers shrine is definitely cool. And I'm really excited about the 3 fire prisms also. I wonder if it means just for the concentrated shots or the blasts as well.
    -insert epic signature-

Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast