BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 77 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

So does this mean that Iyanden armies are SoL? I have an eldar army that is mainly wraiths that I love using with the Iyanden book, but now that wraithguard can't be troops I have to take a 2 troop tax in order to use my wraith army?

Does this mean that the Iyanden supplement is no longer valid as well?

Chapter-Master

Well, competitively this is the most unbalanced thing I've seen since they released those broken Screamer/Flamer rules.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Well, competitively this is the most unbalanced thing I've seen since they released those broken Screamer/Flamer rules.
    I think the book has good internal balance from what I've seen so far (points values sounding like they're mostly the same)

But I do think that external balance will be a factor against all but Necrons at the moment - although I don't think its nearly as bad as what people think it is.

I have a feeling that with Space Marines, there will be a str D pie plate available as an orbital bombardment. Everyone will get their "big guns".
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Does anyone know what the change to the generic aspect warrior stat line was?
    If people played as often as they complained, we'd all have a lot more fun.

Chapter-Master

No, the internal balance sounds just as bad as the external balance. Wraithknights are underpriced by like 200pts, easily. Jetbikes are utterly disgusting. Build an army of those, with a few support units thrown in, and you've got one of the most disgusting armies to ever grace the table. If you ignore four or six problematic units, then what you're saying is probably true, but those units are absolutely disgusting.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

No, the internal balance sounds just as bad as the external balance. Wraithknights are underpriced by like 200pts, easily. Jetbikes are utterly disgusting. Build an army of those, with a few support units thrown in, and you've got one of the most disgusting armies to ever grace the table. If you ignore four or six problematic units, then what you're saying is probably true, but those units are absolutely disgusting.
    I think your pricing is significantly different than mine. I'd say the wraithknight is 50 - 100 pints undercosted, and the jetbike special weapons probably undercosted by 5 points a model, ditto wraith guard probably. It makes a big difference in the long run, but not game breakingly so.

On the bright side I think things like wraithblades may be useable now, even as footdar. There are some fun and non-broken possibilities
    If people played as often as they complained, we'd all have a lot more fun.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Pretty much this
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

The internal balance to me sounds amazing. I'm looking at the book and saying that, unlike a typical Phil Kelly book, there are no clear winners or losers in this from what I can tell. Every single unit has a reason to take it.

Warp spiders can apparently jump in the opponents shooting phase, and dark reapers also get twin linked against flyers, turboboosters, and flatouters (and they still ignore jink saves)

I'm seriously not just blowing smoke up your backside here. I own 6 wraithknights. I'm not even excited/thinking of taking them. I'm salivating over taking my wraithblades, my swooping hawks, my falcons, my fire dragons and banshees... FINALLY BANSHEES!!!!!
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

If you ignore four or six problematic units, then what you're saying is probably true, but those units are absolutely disgusting.
    Pretty much so. All the non-Distortion changes sound like fun,
    fluffy changes that tweak things just enough to make them good. The D weapon changes are by a wide margin the single most broken thing I've seen since I started playing in 4th ed.

Veteran-Sergeant

Totally agreed. Wraiths and Jetbikes and just horrifying now, with Jetbikes easily taking the title of best troops choice in the game. The thing that really annoys me is how Dark Eldar were hit by 7th ed blandhammer and now the craftworlders get a jillion unnecessary buffs. It leaves the Dark Kin (whose technology is supposedly so advanced it may as well be magic) essentially at the same power level as they were in 5th, only with fewer wargear options and special characters. And yet Craftworld Eldar get buffed from overpowered to just plain silly. Awesome.
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

Page 77 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast