BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 37 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Eldar Details & Prices

The new Eldar book will be 160 pages, which is on par with the Space Marine book that gave us faction rules for some chapters. Word on the street is that we will see the same treatment for select Craftworlds as well!

Via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?407490-Eldar-imminent/page24"]Warseer[/URL] 04-13-2015

from over on Dakka
    Squidmanlolz wrote:
    judgedoug wrote:
    Pricing leaked for first wave
    codex craftworld eldar $58.00
    datacards $12.50
    windriders $41.00
    farseer skyrunner $33.00
    autarch $26.00
    shining spears $50.00
    autarch skyrunner $33.00
    codex fancy edition $165.00

Source?
    Prices are usually leaked as scans, aren't they?
    prices in U.S. dollars reportedly from a sales rep
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	79b8580e710dd335b1338f1be67db857_51394-472x354.jpg 
Views:	1185 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	13643
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

lol, I hope it is called Codex: Fancy Edition.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

My real big question is if this is a replacement will it also cancel out Iyanden as well killing not $50 of books but $100. hmmm
    Grenndal

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Grenndal View Post
    My real big question is if this is a replacement will it also cancel out Iyanden as well killing not $50 of books but $100. hmmm
    This is "the" question. Is Craftworld Eldar a codex that can be used as "well as" or "instead of"
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    This is "the" question. Is Craftworld Eldar a codex that can be used as "well as" or "instead of"
    Honestly. I think we're just looking at an name change for IP sake.

Eldar is a fairly common reference in sci fi/fantasy and not always limited to elves. But craftworld eldar is basically unique
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenndal View Post
    I'm ok if I only have to carry one book with me. (Ok, I'll still have up to three with Harlequins and Dark Eldar.)

It's not like any Iyanden player wouldn't be buying the new codex.

As for the "repackage", could it be that the shining spears are using the new bikes but old rider upgrade kit? I could live with that.

It also makes sense with the naming convention they have for Harlequins (Codex Eldar: Harlequins) to call it "Codex Eldar: Craftworlds".
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Iron Father

But will codex Iyanden still be usable ? I doubt it and to be frank as much as I enjoy a new codex I don't like thinking I will have to replace them after less than two years use.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    But will codex Iyanden still be usable ? I doubt it and to be frank as much as I enjoy a new codex I don't like thinking I will have to replace them after less than two years use.
    The nice thing about Supplements is that they just use the units from the previous Codex. They don't list out the rules for those units, not even the point values, only for extra rules that you can tack onto them if you take Iyanden.

GW would really have to screw stuff around with the Codex to invalidate that Supplement. Like significant rules changes, which they aren't going to do. This is going to bring some fresh plastics in and adjust some rules, and probably bring in different formations for different Craftworlds.

If they wanted it to still be used, they wouldn't have pulled it from the web store.

Page 37 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast