BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I've also been thinking about converting the harlie jetbikes to CWE with just a simple torso and arm swap on the rider. Its not too difficult. However, for jetbike models the 3rd party sculptors are a real treasure. My wallet isn't looking forwards to having to replace all of my jetbike models if any new plastic kit is something I like!!

Doesn't GW know that I have a damn boat to buy? How inconsiderate of them :P
    Paper boat, plastic miniatures.

Mystery Solutions Inc - Nobody Specified Rational.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    God I hope they fix eldar assault and don't screw up anything else.
    Whatever they end up doing, I don't think we'll see a brand new Codex: Eldar. I think that we're looking at Codex Eldar: Saim Hann which will be rules from the existing Eldar codex combined with a decurion-esque formation chart that will make my eyes bleed to figure out.

No worries. Banshees and Scorpions will still be trash :P
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Well I'm ok with another Craftworld supplement, especially Saim Hann.

Probably.><
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

with a decurion-esque formation chart that will make my eyes bleed to figure out.
    I wrote a 2000 point list last night... and then realized after the fact that I now have to go back and add a Bloodthirster because I forgot you're required to run a BT or Lord of Skulls (at 888 points, no thanks) to do that formation-of-formations. But if I add the BT, I'll need to not only cut out the Soul Grinder that provides my only real ranged firepower, but also some of the Bloodletters. It'll be just the BT, the Slaughtercult core (Lord, 3x 8 Berzerkers, 1x 8 Possessed), and the Daemon formation (1x Herald, 16 Bloodletters, 8 Bloodletters, 3 Bloodcrushers). To be honest, that's not really an imposing list.

I think I'm going to stick to CAD and just forget all those bonuses. There's no way to make that formation-of-formations work without running 2500-3000 points at least, except maybe doing core, BT, and then some vehicles. But I want Bloodcrushers to run with my Lord on Juggernaught, so I have to try to work in the Daemon formation, or the formation with Terminators and two Bloodcrusher units minimum, while I only have one unit of Bloodcrushers and don't want the Terminators.

I hope for Eldar's sake they don't have to deal with that. Especially with the combinations in some formations making it clear that fluff isn't part of the reason they exist.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I'm the opposite - I want more aliens in the game, but wouldnt mind if they were small harlequin/tempestus sized ranges. You are right though - theres a ton to explore within the xenos factions (eldar especially, but even necrons I have potential these days)
    Actually I would prefer the same thing as you here. I should have said I prefer supplements to codex rewrites. So if I rank order things it would go:

> New Alien Races
    > New Supplements
    > Moldy cheese
    > Dead pets
    > Codex Rewrites
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I hope for Eldar's sake they don't have to deal with that. Especially with the combinations in some formations making it clear that fluff isn't part of the reason they exist.
    Whatever they do, you can be guaranteed that wave serpents will be difficult to obtain. There will be quite a tax on taking them.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Actually I would prefer the same thing as you here. I should have said I prefer supplements to codex rewrites. So if I rank order things it would go:

> New Alien Races
    > New Supplements
    > Moldy cheese
    > Dead pets
    > Codex Rewrites
    haha yep

The galaxy feels very small, especially when you look at the faction list (newly reordered too) on the GW site :

I have no problem with there being so many imperial factions as I totally get they are what the main backstory is focussed on (and mechanicum were needed really) and they are basicly the "protagonists", and id happily welcome more chaos (legions ect) and eldar too. But I also think there should be more new xenos as well to balance things out - there are plenty of races that have been almost wiped out, lost their homeworlds ect - so they could introduce them as small harlequin sized armies that could be used to ally with other alien races like tau, eldar/dark-eldar, orks - and hell even chaos and imperium. I also really want to see Hrud as a full-sized faction (and not as boring space skaven or swamp things ffs)
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 03-30-2015 at 12:10 PM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Whatever they do, you can be guaranteed that wave serpents will be difficult to obtain. There will be quite a tax on taking them.
    Do not think so as it is a dedicated transport. If it follows the trend we will even see it as a Fast Attack choice and maybe the Falcon also moves to dedicated transport.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Do not think so as it is a dedicated transport. If it follows the trend we will even see it as a Fast Attack choice and maybe the Falcon also moves to dedicated transport.
    Ok then a wraithknight tax then.

More probable. But then again there is still CAD.

Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast