BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 86 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Hmm, so 6 jezzails would cause around 4 wounds if you pumped up the BS of the unit using Doctrina Imperatives. And then probably get annihilated by the storms of S6 firepower and Destroyer weapons following up

Haha true takes about twice as long to read his posts than usual.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    Hmm, so 6 jezzails would cause around 4 wounds if you pumped up the BS of the unit using Doctrina Imperatives. And then probably get annihilated by the storms of S6 firepower and Destroyer weapons following up

Haha true takes about twice as long to read his posts than usual.
    Yarp. But 24 WS7, I6, S8 attacks, with 6's to hit adding two additional hits, plus some Hammer of Wrath can do hideous things.

In pure statistics, it's quite risky. But I've broken out my dice tonight, and have jobbed a Wraithknight in a single batch more often than not. So the slightly ropey tactic sure suits my play style

Guess I'll be procuring four more Cydonian Dragoons when I'm paid!

As for Numptyspeak - I don't get it. It must take more effort to type in gibberish than to just use plain old English - and when you use English, people don't you give funny looks as you fail to tweak it can only be cool in a situation where others are doing the same...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yarp. But 24 WS7, I6, S8 attacks, with 6's to hit adding two additional hits, plus some Hammer of Wrath can do hideous things.

In pure statistics, it's quite risky. But I've broken out my dice tonight, and have jobbed a Wraithknight in a single batch more often than not. So the slightly ropey tactic sure suits my play style

Guess I'll be procuring four more Cydonian Dragoons when I'm paid!

As for Numptyspeak - I don't get it. It must take more effort to type in gibberish than to just use plain old English - and when you use English, people don't you give funny looks as you fail to tweak it can only be cool in a situation where others are doing the same...
    Mekanikus is good but I think that gams workshop is trying to say that Eldar are beter than Mekanikus cuz their is an Eldar ranger sniping the Mekanikus guys who are about to knot now what hit them. I rote the whole words out this time sinse some of you was having trouble reading my dialekt

Dammit I forgot about FNP. Damn these Wraithknights keep getting better and better... Tbh, GW has probably tacked a few too many rules onto Gargantuan creatures.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Nah. They should be big and stompy.

Plus, FnP is only 5+ these days, though harder to negate. Needs to be ID to negate.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Dammit I forgot about FNP. Damn these Wraithknights keep getting better and better... Tbh, GW has probably tacked a few too many rules onto Gargantuan creatures.
    Garganchuan creatures is very expenive so gams workshot makes a lot of mony when the make over powerd rules for big costly things like garganchuans because people will buy then for the good rules and they cost much. Not complaining but the 40k rules have become more market oreented over the years. this is presisely why games worsop releases codexes one at a time cuz ppl wil codex jump onto the new ones cuz they is better

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Well there's the swooping hawk thing, but actually being able to fly over a flyer is going to be tough in practice I think, even if you have an 18" move. Plus I haven't seen it confirmed whether its just 1 haywire attack on the flyover or 1 per model. If people take the warhost (and they should because if you don't then thats not really in the spirit of the book) then you're going to be paying at least 350-400 points on the required units - so just bear that in mind when running the numbers.

Here's the first thing I pulled out of mothballs (literally, it was in a cedar trunk lined with mothballs) full of models that I need to rebase and slap some new paint on because I'm actually going to use them now!!!!!!
    Oh the horror! I've used Hawks in every game since 5th! They didn't deserve the Banshee mothball treatment!!!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Its more theyve completely undervalued the Wraithknights pts cost.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Sergeant

Not with it now handing +1 to the opponents steal the initiative roll (as a LoW) and being vuln to flyers. Plus it's effectively a choice between that or the Avatar unless you're playing really big games. Still it's nice to see it step up to it's rightful place even if it may slow you down to start.

I was a little miffed about Warlocks becoming a conclave, then I realised you could taken more then one conclave and more than two Farseers . . . lol

It's gonna be nice having Banshee's back, Hawks had better have kept Sky Leap and their ability to drop pies, liking the sound of their anti flyer attack though.

IMO knocking Wraiths back to elites only deals with the whole D'pocolypse thing, glad Blades seem to be getting Rage. Questions need to be answered about taking the auxilary formations in addition to CAD's though cause i guess Iyanden Players are going to want to field as few live Eldar units as possible.

Vypers just got playable again and I've been wanting squadrons of Grav tanks for ages so that ones just a winner with me. And the Wave Serpent . . . bwahahahahahahaha, is far as i can work out barring the whole one shot thing and no more twin linking (which are both understandable and mean little to me) it just got better. 24" is a workable range on a fast skimmer and it's doing 6-8 hits as pretty much standard.

Am left wondering how Forge World units fit in to this new Host structure though. My Firestorm is feeling alienated.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

you do know that LoW dont give the enemy +1 to steal anymore right?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 86 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast