BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

I prefer kill team to bigger games personally. Lots of fun and I think more skill involved.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Someone at GW really likes the word Wraith clearly.

Wraith in the Necron codex....better
    Wraith(guard) in the Eldar codex....better
    GW are wraithists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aldavaer View Post
    There is a rumour doing the rounds on Warseer that Dire avengers are moving to elite in the new codex.
    That rumour was going around prior to the last book too.

Ooh, the fact this is a proper codex not a craftworld supplement book means we might still see specific Craftworld supplements.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    40K used to work at a smaller scale. They can actually compete with the other games pretty easily. Lower the cost of the core rulebook, and put out another rulebook (maybe two) and army books geared at smaller scale with more detailed rules. They get their foot into that part of the market, keep people who already have models hooked, draw in more people, sell their models at the same time, and maybe those people coming to GW for the smaller level game(s) will look at expanding into the bigger one.
    Yes, it used to do those. Back when it was the only one of its kind. Now it would be competing against other solid games at that level.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Look on the bright side... at least it seems that the hemlock doesn't have Str D which probably means that the D-scythe isn't much different.
    I guess that's true, if D-Scythes and Heavy D-Scythes aren't Destroyer weapons I'll be able to run my Wraiths without feeling like an *** all the time.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    Yes, it used to do those. Back when it was the only one of its kind. Now it would be competing against other solid games at that level.
    They would be competing though, which presumably means more money. It isn't much effort to release more small-scale rules, although I suppose they have done that with Kill Team, but they have been relatively ignored, presumably due to not being freely available.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I guess that's true, if D-Scythes and Heavy D-Scythes aren't Destroyer weapons I'll be able to run my Wraiths without feeling like an *** all the time.
    If you think about the effective changes to MOST units, the change to Str D isn't that different - except to armor where its much more effective.

Against most infantry/MC units, its already the kiss of death...
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    They would be competing though, which presumably means more money. It isn't much effort to release more small-scale rules, although I suppose they have done that with Kill Team, but they have been relatively ignored, presumably due to not being freely available.
    As you say, they've tried and failed. I can't help but think if there was money to be made there, GW would pursue it. (Keep in mind, you have to gauge the profit they make in that arena vs. the profit a similar amount of work would make them in the arena where they are already dominant.)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    As you say, they've tried and failed. I can't help but think if there was money to be made there, GW would pursue it. (Keep in mind, you have to gauge the profit they make in that arena vs. the profit a similar amount of work would make them in the arena where they are already dominant.)
    Hmm, yeah, there are opportunity costs to consider. Good point.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I like where this is going.

Now if they could just make Banshees good again...
    Maybe next year in 8th edition, when they make it so that you don't have to be a cavalry unit with invulnerable saves or Terminators in order to be an effective combat unit.

But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. I'd recommend you just give in and go hardcore on the firepower like they want you to, but I get that Banshees hold a special place in your heart given that they're the only female Aspect Warriors (or at least noticeably female).

Wraithcannon SD......still only a 12" range....

I'll just outside your range, then risk a charge and the resultant overwatch (Mr Brain says he's not sure, but Wraithguard need a Seer with them to overwatch anyways?)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast