BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Interesting... never ever had a problem with heavy flamers. Neither my Warpspiders, nor my Wraith constructs, nor my jetbikes, Serpents or Nightspinners are afraid in the slightest.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Interesting... never ever had a problem with heavy flamers. Neither my Warpspiders, nor my Wraith constructs, nor my jetbikes, Serpents or Nightspinners are afraid in the slightest.
    Funny, I always thought the Eldar codex contained more than just the options with 3+ saves.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Funny, I always thought the Eldar codex contained more than just the options with 3+ saves.
    It does! All safe and sound in transports... like in every Eldar story I read.
    And to be fair, most options with a 4+ or worse do not fear the flamer either as they are either bound in melee anyways (banshees), far to mobile to catch (Hawks) or just too unimportant to dedicate heavy flamers to their destruction (Guardians, Dire Avengers, Rangers)
    Most of the options in the book do actually have a 3+ armor (Reapers, Spiders, Scorpions, Jetbikes, Spears, Dragons, all Wraith Constructs) or they are vehicles.

Veteran-Sergeant

I mean frag cannon is S6 assault 2 template and rends... And then you have a heavy flamer also. That's a lot of saves on a 3+

And to be fair, most options with a 4+ or worse do not fear the flamer either as they are either bound in melee anyways (banshees), far to mobile to catch (Hawks) or just too unimportant to dedicate heavy flamers to their destruction (Guardians, Dire Avengers, Rangers)
    Most of the options in the book do actually have a 3+ armor (Reapers, Spiders, Scorpions, Jetbikes, Spears, Dragons, all Wraith Constructs) or they are vehicles.
    Yup. 'Tis a pity the banshees start the game in combat and the transports are unkillable and that hawks can't have a drop pod land anywhere close to them. /sigh. What a pity, if only. . .

That said, Eldar are really a 3+ army, we just hide it well.
    If people played as often as they complained, we'd all have a lot more fun.

Oh don't be silly, everyone knows that no elder player will field anything except D spam and Scatterlaser bikes again /sarc

I find it "curious" that the doomsayers automatically assume that all Eldar players will automatically spam the "OP" units. By curious, I mean insulting of course. The mere fact it's possible does not mean it will happen. The same argument could be used to say everyone is a thief, because they could steal things. Bit silly, right?

I've fielded a bike centric list for several years, and see no reason to change it. I'm not going to switch them all to Scatter lasers, because that completely changes the way they play, to a style I don't want. For many(most) long term Eldar players the style of their army is much more important than the "best" unit.

The rest of my lists were built mainly around aspect warriors, which "teh interwebs" assure me were bad choices. Fortunately for me I never paid attention, since it's mostly opinion. I had fun with them, sometimes won, sometimes didn't.

And when was the last time a drop pod did land next to your hawks just to set them aflame? Sure you CAN do it.
    But thats like saying "mass lascannons kill guardians easy!". Sure they do. It is just not worth the efford.

Chapter-Master

If you can't "catch" a mobile unit with a drop pod, then well, you have other problems that I can't help you with!
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

First-Captain

If someone brings out a list that you think you won't have a chance against, why not just say "Hey, i don't think this would be fun for me, can we change things up a bit?", this applies both ways and to all codexes. Its a social hobby so talk to the opponent.

If you can't "catch" a mobile unit with a drop pod, then well, you have other problems that I can't help you with!
    If you really use a drop pod to catch a 5 man unit with S3 weapons as a space marine which is around the points of the pod alone, you might have some other issues.

Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast