BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I don't believe at all those armies will be getting a new codex unless the codex is a new army like Khorne Daemonkin or the like.
    Disbelieve.
    Daemonkin shows the same rules and the same point costs for all units in the codex as they are in the daemon and marines codex.
    It would create a mess if they go and change the 2 base books.
    Thats why the daemonkin are rubbing me the wrong way. I was expectim them more like harlequins with new options, rules and points instead of just the same with formations and a few minor changes.
    They took the Harlequins out of the Eldar codex and changed them completely (with new models) while Daemonkin is "more of the same" without any major change.

Not sure it's all that bad.

Introducing new units would lead to complaints standard CSM can't have them. Leaving them out, and complaints there's nothing new.

Instead, it's an 'all in one' book for fielding a purely Khornate force, with some unit restrictions, and an army wide special rule to reflect how Khorne likes his warriors to fight, in the form of the blood tithe.

I think when it first came to our attention, the general fear was that whilst it sounded cool, it would prove no more than a bridge between two other Codecies, necesitating the purchase of all three.

I for one really hope this is the first of four. New units can be held back for Legion Supplements - in my mind, Deathguard, World Eaters, Thousand Sons and Emperor's Children should all be pokier than their 'mere' cult equivalents, to reflect they are the original heretics. Better equipment, better stats, additional rules - no great plan in my head for what each needs like, but the option is there.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    It'd be interesting. I mean, the bottom line is that when you come to the game table, it'd be a hassle to carry around all those books, but one trend we've seen through 7th edition is the increasing of options and variety. It's no longer one or two netlists that are going head-to-head. Competitive players are on the back foot trying to keep up with all of the changes in meta and new rules that are flowing.
    No doubt! Plus TO's would explode trying to keep up with who is allowed to do what in the rules. I seriously believe we have reach a state where the lack of balance is proving to be a balancing factor all of it's own. There is no single end all be all list.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    My main hope is that all of this attention doesn't just stay with the Imperium. With Admech, Assassins, Horus Heresy, and Deathwatch, that leaves little room for the xenos and chaos races to grow very much :I
    Totally on board with this idea. More alien races would be awesome!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

I just hope if they do do more aliens they wont be boring things with arms and legs -snore- not enough nightmarish horrifying things. I think the Slaugth would be my first choice.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    No doubt! Plus TO's would explode trying to keep up with who is allowed to do what in the rules. I seriously believe we have reach a state where the lack of balance is proving to be a balancing factor all of it's own. There is no single end all be all list.
    I'd like to think that this was the plan all along. Give collectors and miniature enthusiasts what they need to make any sort of army from any sort of fluff or whatever in the 40k verse, and let people just have fun with it. The competitive scene will be more up to tabletop skill and out-predicting meta changes rather than who can bring the most cheese and spam.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234