BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default GW 2015-2016 40k Timeline

These come from 'WhispererofTruth' over on Dakkadakka on this page:

[url]http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/60/640806.page[/url]

Hehe rumour time. Eldar are coming, but that release list? Err no. 40k release list for the next year and abit ahoy!

Eldar
    Week1: Plastic Jetbikes/Shining Spears
    Week 2: Clampack Autarch and Codex

Dark Angels
    Week 1: Tac Squad and Codex
    Week 2: Summer Campaign Book Volume 1: Eldar Admech and DA vs Khorne

Tzeentch
    Week 1: New Daemon Unit
    Week 2: Lord of Change
    Week 3: Rubric Marines + Campaign Book Volume 2 (DA, Admech, Eldar, Harlequins + Khorne and Tzeentch)(Including a Tzeentch Daemonkin type supplement + rules for the new units.)
    Week 4: Campaign Box: Clampack Sorceror and Chaplain

Assassin Boxed Game
    Plastic Assassins.

Tau
    Week1: Campaign Box: Tau vs RG (Plastic Commander and Captain)
    Week2: Clampack Ethereal and Codex

Deathwatch
    Week 1: Plastic Marines
    Week 2: Plastic Termies
    Week 3: Plastic Vehicle, Codex
    Week 4: Clampack Watch Captain

Genestealer Cult
    Week1: Hybrids
    Week2: Limo, Codex
    Week3: Clampack Patriarch, Magus and Broodlord re-release
    Genestealers included in dex.

Horus Heresy
    Week 1: Boxed game.

Apocalypse
    Week 1: Plastic Nid Dominatrix
    Week 2: Plastic Dias of Destruction. (Including Vect and plastic Court.)
    Week 3: Apocalypse Book.

Tyranids
    Week1: Codex. Dominatrix added, Genestealers removed.

And every thing is abit vague after that for me. But after that will be more Admech, Horus Heresy, Space Marines inc; Assault Squad, Sisters, Nurgle and Slaanesh stuff.
    Wow.

Just... wow.

It covers just about everything we've heard so far, including Genestealer Cult and Deathwatch, as well as the Tzeentch stuff and Campaign. No wonder the Tzeentch stuff was getting paired with so many things.. there are apparently six factions involved in that campaign, holy moly!

Some rumormongers have suggested Tau is going to be the last Codex of 2015, so this could easily go well into 2016. If even remotely true, we'll have a lot to look forward to.

If this is true, then I give up.

Tyranids redone already? And removing Genestealers so players have to buy a second codex and run allies in order to use their Genestealers? Really? (And that would likely invalidate all those digital dataslates.)

An Apoc redo already? It's a freaking $75 book. They just did one less than two years ago. Bad enough they released the $85 combo of Escalation and Stronghold Assault and promptly overrode pretty much all of the rules in them with the new 40K rulebook less than half a year later (outdoing the Vehicle Manual fiasco by quite a bit), though the books are still available with a lot of space taken up by wrong rules in order to provide dataslates that could easily be in cheaper, smaller books that don't include pointless incorrect rules. Apoc is fine as it is, there's no need to redo it. Kind of like Tyranids.

And how could they fit all of this into one year? And if they did... How are they even remotely supposed to playtest or proofread all of this? They have a tiny testing team (and it shows with some of the stuff that slips through), and even the End Times books were showing some painful lack of proofreading in places, but rushing the pace further isn't going to help that situation. And given the price they want to charge for stuff, and rumored tricks like making Tyranid players buy two books just to use units that have been part of their army since the game was first created, there's no way their existing customers can keep up with all the stuff they want, and new potential customers are already starting to get turned off by the game following WFB's footsteps in requiring large armies of expensive models without any decent way in the rulebook to play smaller games (especially as you could field a legal 500 point army that's just an Imperial Knight - a super-heavy in 500 points! - and five Legion of the Damned who are Marines with a 3+ inv. save, no Unbound needed). Space this stuff out more, you don't burn out the customers and you have time to actually make sure the quality stays high.

But hey, these are all rumors anyway, since GW is uber-secret and doesn't want people to know what's coming down the pipeline even a week from now, because they're run by people who shouldn't be allowed to run a business of any kind.

I want to be excited, but stupid crap like that Tyranids rumor (and the continued pricing scheme) reminds me that GW doesn't give two figs about its customers, even if those customers are starting to leave them for saner companies.

Librarian

Most likely, all of this goes well into 2016, so look at this like a two-year forecast. Note there's no Fantasy stuff, even though obviously there will be Fantasy taking up their own section of weeks across the year as well.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

pfft you guys are just being too negative nad whining, I mean people are constantly complaining about poor rules support, now they get to pay for such an important premium service if they want.

/stupid

yeah welcome to the GW model, I dont buy these rumours, not because I cant see GW doing these things, but because they clash with LoW

I smell the stench of VotCG again
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Fly Lord

There is a LOT of assembling existing rumors mixed with wishlisting in there.

I doubt even GW has their weekly schedule planned out that far in advance.

We're avoiding reporting on this one for now, as it contradicts what other reliable rumormongers have been saying, and the author is very new with few posts under his belt.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    There is a LOT of assembling existing rumors mixed with wishlisting in there.

We're avoiding reporting on this one for now, as it contradicts what other reliable rumormongers have been saying, and the author is very new with few posts under his belt.
    I don't blame you on that one. Someone found a new salt mine and is shipping it in by the truckload, but it's fun to share this stuff anyway!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Really? As much I enjoy envisaging GW as a bunch of guys with a bunch of d66 tables I don't think it's unreasonable to imagine they know what they are releasing for the next 6 months to a year. No idea if this is it, but I can't believe it isn't at least planned somewhere.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Having a plan for releases doesn't mean every weekly release is fixed months/a year in advance.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Having a plan for releases doesn't mean every weekly release is fixed months/a year in advance.
    But on the other hand, wouldn't just be simpler for all involved if they did?
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Nope. Flexibility = good.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast