BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: April Fools!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    BTW, Half Life 3 was just confirmed.
    I take back my earlier statement.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    40k needs some Cthulhu really.
    Actually 40k already has a lot, there is more than one fluff book that refers back to Lovecraft sources, or describes the Emperors place on the "plains of Leng". (hmm found a quote for that one:

In the Horus Heresy short story collection Tales of Heresy, Book 10 of the Horus Heresy book series, the "Hall of Leng" is mentioned in the story "Blood Games" authored by Dan Abnett. It is described as a location within the Imperial Palace on Terra (Earth)

Chapter-Master

I think he meant more in the visual, model and army side - Chaos and Nids have a little ; the tzeentch flamers/screamers, and nids have the spore mines and those larger ones recently released, but that's about it really. Generally Chaos is more Moorcockian and Nids more Giger and Heinlein. There is no true/proper "lovecraftian" faction in army/model form at all.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Librarian

what about y-geneies with the squidmouth. even further the ymarl stealers i always felt were kind of inspired by mi-go, so theres lov'n enough, which if i remember had influence on geigers/scotts alien, mostly as interstellar/planetary killer pest that can go dormant

Chapter-Master

never liked ymgl's myself, but I hate cthulhu (boring humanoid crap) and feel it's popularity has made lovecraftian stuff really bland in recent times. Of course I blame August Derleth for naming the mythos after it, when it should of been called Azathoth mythos IMO.
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Librarian

"Lovecraft regarded the short story as "rather middling—not as bad as the worst, but full of cheap and cumbrous touches". Weird Tales editor Farnsworth Wright first rejected the story, and only accepted it after writer Donald Wandrei, a friend of Lovecraft's, falsely claimed that Lovecraft was thinking of submitting it elsewhere."

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    "Lovecraft regarded the short story as "rather middling—not as bad as the worst, but full of cheap and cumbrous touches". Weird Tales editor Farnsworth Wright first rejected the story, and only accepted it after writer Donald Wandrei, a friend of Lovecraft's, falsely claimed that Lovecraft was thinking of submitting it elsewhere."
    I am a fan of HPL, but I think some of his stuff is pretty bad and that story wasn't that great at all. I really do not understand cthulhu's popularity at all - it suits a Kaiju/Giant Monster type setting, but not a cosmic horror setting IMO. His worst is probably reanimator - the films are awesome comedy-horror (in that evil dead style) though.

Iron Father

I played this game a few years back. Quite hard and a bit creepy but fun non the less. Never completed the last level. Just to difficult.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Wait, people aren't using the Bones Cthulhu model for their Great Unclean One?

I like Black Library's one this year. A tale about a Servitor who dreams of becoming Skitarii. Written and printed in Binary.

Hell, I'd buy one just for ****s and giggle!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast