BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Polonius View Post
    you're allowed to use the words you want, but to intentionally use a word so far removed from it's accepted meaning, knowing it will cause drama, can be easily seen as trollish.
    Melissa... Trollish?

Are you new to the forums?
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Abbess Sanctorum

I'm not trolling, I'm being quite honest in my views of the average competitive player based off of my experiences both online and off. Not like I claimed my definition fits everyone, nor do I ask anyone to agree with it. Merely that is the one that I use, when I refer to "competitive players" I tend to do so with venom on my tongue.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Well, i'm quite new to tournements and the best comp scoring system i've encountered yet is one where you hand every list into the guys running the tournement and then give you back the list and say you can't use it but with suggested changes if and only if it breaks the game system. Stuff like flying circus for example.Or slaanesh leadership bomb.

About competative players, I myself am one and when I went to my first big tourney there was no comp and I played 3 great games(2 massacerd and a draw) and actually got full victory points first round meaning I spent my time on table 1 and 2.Not 1 bad sport in the hole thing.Just competative players having a great time playing each other.

Mistress of the Forum

Play nice, ladies and gentlemen. Expressing opinions is all well and good, and is even encouraged, but getting into flame and insult wars is not. Keep it civil.
    [CENTER][img]http://kysri.thesweetdreamery.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/eldarplayer.jpg[/img][/CENTER]

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Heimagiblin View Post
    ...you can't use it but with suggested changes if and only if it breaks the game system.
    Here's the problem, though. Define "breaks the game system". Arbitrarily banning lists based on a subjective judgement isn't a very fair way of going about things in my opinion. The reason I don't like comp lists is because i feel they make the game more unfair than it was before more often than not.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234