BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1500 Champions of Fenris Thunderwolf Heavy

Company of the Great Wolf Detachment

Wolf Lord (Thunderwolf, Runic Armor, Power Fist & Wolf Claw, Fellclaw’s Teeth) - 235
    Wolf Guard Battle Leader (Thunderwolf, Runic Armor, Krakenbone Sword & Storm Shield, Bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs) - 180

Iron Priest (Thunderwolf, 4 Cyberwolves) - 165
    Iron Priest (Thunderwolf, 4 Cyberwolves) - 165

Thunderwolf Cavalry (Pack Leader with Powerfist & Storm Shield, 2 Thunderwolves with Bolt Pistol, Storm Shield, & Melta Bombs) - 200
    Thunderwolf Cavalry (Pack Leader with Powerfist & Storm Shield, 2 Thunderwolves with Bolt Pistol, Storm Shield, & Melta Bombs) - 200

Long Fangs (Long Fang Ancient, 4 Long Fangs with Missile Launchers, Long Fang with Lascannon) - 170
    Long Fangs (Long Fang Ancient, 4 Long Fangs with Missile Launchers, Long Fang with Lascannon) - 170

= 1485

The Wolf Lord and Wolf Guard Battle Leader can be attached to the Iron Priest’s unit or the Thunderwolf Cavalry, with the loadout on each they could be used for effective split charges. Both are beasts in any challenges they might run into.

The Iron Priests act as mini assault units with cyberwolves as ablative wounds, with the amount of str 9/10 (depending on rules interpretation, i’m fine with either) you cannot just ignore the unit.

The Thunderwolves form the backbone of the assault and combined can handle most of what they can come up against. I have the Power Fists marked on the Pack Leaders but I could easily use a different model for the Leader and keep the fist hidden for assault. The extra melta bombs are there because I was short on points and it allows for the str 5 wolves to hurt av 14.

The Long Fangs sit on objectives and pop open transports so the contents can be assaulted.

Any Thoughts on the List and the list 15 points?

Looks pretty solid to me, although it is incredibly low on models. Dropping the Lascannon Long Fangs and combining that with your extra 15 points should give you enough for a unit of 10 (or two units of 5) Fenrisian Wolves to act as a bodyguard for your Wolf Lords. This would give you 6 combat units for your opponents to fear.

So is the champions of fenris a book of formations then? Is it better than a pure codex army? I don't see any troops. I am nearly ready to build my XIII Company with bunches of Thunderwolves too. But I want to use my wulfen models as grey hunters ( since they deserve better than WS 3).