BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Need some help with Elf heads

So I bought some Wood Elves Eternal Guard heads for a project later... problem is I cannot seem to Identify which heads are suppose to me male and which are suppose to be female. Is there any easy way to tell? The Sprue is numbered but I lack the instructions.... Help please!

Usually in elf/eldar kits only the torsos are gendered. Just go for whatever head fits the model you're working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Usually in elf/eldar kits only the torsos are gendered. Just go for whatever head fits the model you're working on.
    I think most of the Dark Eldar Wyches are clearly either male or female (bar the faceless helmets of course, which could be either). I think that's true of the Kabalites too, though perhaps you weren't thinking about Dark Eldar.

But, in general, if you (the OP) can't distinguish between male and female heads, it's probably fair to assume that others won't either - especially on table top.

Well that is dissappointing... Was hoping there was a difference and just seems lazy for both sexes to share the same head. Yes Male elves tend to me less macho but it doesn't mean they have to have ALL the same facial features of their females.

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayP226 View Post
    Well that is dissappointing...
    I dunno, if you already couldn't determine sex by looking at the bits, would having them labeled male or female by the instructions really make a difference?