BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    No, just to behave like a decent human beeing and refrain from insulting them if they happen to be wrong. Not a difficult concept I presume?
    It's not the rumor mongers that I direct my ire toward. It's mostly Games Workshop. And I believe jokingly throwing stuff out there with an anonymous handle is more a jest at the expense of people who eagerly eat up everything they're told. So I don't see where that's been a huge problem so far. But we're told we shouldn't make any comments other than positive ones, and people shouldn't play jokes (probably because a lot of people are so desperate for info they've become exceptionally gullible).

And muddying the waters further is helping because... ?

Doesn't really hurt at this point, and provides someone with amusement. Might provide plenty of people with amusement.

Actually, a mock GW rumors site that's clearly satire would actually be pretty funny.

Fly Lord

The trick with rumors is to keep an open mind, but to also go back and verify after the fact.

Many rumor mongers that get hounded as being hacks are actually quite good, but may have information from sections of the product development process far away from shipping. So they get proved correct years down the road and the mob has already ruled.

Take for example a person who may have information coming from any given company's creative studio, compared to a person who has sight into the shipping and distribution side of things.

To laymen on the the street, the latter person will seem to be super accurate while the former is an unreliable hack. But in reality, both are accurate, but at different distances from the street date of products. If you are talking about company with a 3-6 month design to streetdate pipeline, its not as visible a difference, compared to a company who have a 2 year design to streetdate pipeline.

That said, one must always look out for the purposeful fabricators who are out there. It's the removal of the false noise from the rumorsphere that is the real hard job to do. Often you can't really gauge accuracy until a couple of years down the line.

Finally remember always that rumors are entertainment. Nothing less, nothing more.

-Larry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Actually, a mock GW rumors site that's clearly satire would actually be pretty funny.
    I'm surprised nobody has done something like that already really. It would be quite amusing if done properly and not in a mean spirited way or anything.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    The trick with rumors is to keep an open mind, but to also go back and verify after the fact.

Many rumor mongers that get hounded as being hacks are actually quite good, but may have information from sections of the product development process far away from shipping. So they get proved correct years down the road and the mob has already ruled.
    Don't forget you can get 99 things correct but people only remember the one you missed.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Fly Lord

via Birds in the Trees 4-11-2015

Space Marines are one of the two "standard old school" codices that will be a full update this year.

The codex update itself is more of a minor refresh to bring it into alignment with the current edition design trends.

Minis coming are:

- Assault Marines box refresh/update

- New Chaplain (probably plastic)
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

That'd be nice!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

Seems reasonable. The assault marines are showing some age.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

Hopefully tune down grav centurions and boost the other, crappier ones a little?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast