BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Finally remember always that rumors are entertainment. Nothing less, nothing more.

-Larry
    Exactly. Nothing less, nothing more. How come when a rumour doesn't pan out the person is a fake? Does this make Larry a fake? I know he said the new Tyranid codex would be released in November then changed it to December. Was he wrong? Yes. So what? He gave out information to the best of his knowledge. Funny the new Tyranid codex came out in January, 2 and 1 month after his predictions, or sources. So he was correct that they were coming out, just wrong in his time frame.

Just like how Tyranids were suppose to get a new Crab like Creature. It never happened in the new codex. So does this mean Larry was wrong again? People harped on Larry for being frivolous with his rumors and click bait. I believe I was one of them as well, and for that, I am sorry Larry. I was a duchy at the time. Hey we all make mistakes right? Funny almost a 9 or 10 months later it came out. So this means that Larry was right on his rumours that Nids were getting a Crab like creature almost a year before it came out.

As Larry said, Rumours are entertainment. Nothing more nothing less. If all rumours were true, they wouldn't be called rumours but FACTS. So when a rumour doesn't become fact and people get their knickers in a knot, speaks more of that persons character than anything else.

Don't want to believe in a rumour? Fine don't. Just don't be a Richard about it.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Chapter-Master

And even more importantly, a lot of the rumor guys see things that GW is actually working on, but not the final product. Heck, there's a guy who works as an actual game designer semi-locally for various companies. He had one of the playtest versions of the CSM codex. It was all the same art and stuff, most of the rules or statlines were identical to what they are now, and this was a while before the codex came out. But things changed. For example, in the test codex, Veterans of the Long War gave Preferred Enemy: Space Space Marines. The final codex downgraded that to Hatred.

Despite the fact that this guy was 100% legit, had he mentioned PE it seems like half the people who comment on rumors would have mocked him as a liar. This is the case for a lot of rumors. Believe it or not, GW changes things in production and playtesting. When someone sees a bunch of sculpts for sisters of battle models "oh, hey, they're working on Sisters, I don't know when they're coming out though". But the attitude of some of the rumor critics is that if GW doesn't come out with all of said sisters models within the month, obviously the guy who mentioned them was a liar. Some of them may give them two, or even three months, but the attitude is the same. For all that guy knows, the Sisters are a backburner project that won't come out for three years. He only knows that they're working on Sisters.

So to expand on what HsojVvad said, just because rumors aren't 100% accurate every time all the time does not mean that the person posting the rumors is making things up.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Reporting rumours is fun, and what BOLS and Faeit do. They share the news.

It's those that make stuff up that get on my wick, hence my very......direct post in the Warhammer thread. I really don't like liars.

But yeah, if you're given a rumour, by all means share it. It's on the head of the originator, not the sharer
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Reporting rumours is fun, and what BOLS and Faeit do. They share the news.

It's those that make stuff up that get on my wick, hence my very......direct post in the Warhammer thread. I really don't like liars.

But yeah, if you're given a rumour, by all means share it. It's on the head of the originator, not the sharer
    I'm halfway tempted to create a new online persona for different forums - Nostradumbass. Just so I can make up stupid rumours and see how quickly they become 'fact'
    .......... ......?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

It's called having a sense of humour.

You should give it a try sometime. It's very liberating.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    It's called having a sense of humour.

You should give it a try sometime. It's very liberating.
    Given how much you btch about rumour mongers it didnt seem funny
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    The proposed name is the clue. Perhaps word play is just a little too complex for some?

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Get offit dude. I, for one, did think it was amusing. Furthermore anyone who believes a brand new account that is named Nostradumbass deserves to have their noses tweeked a little.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456