BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Questions on Mechanicum.

Hi all,

the new Skitarii stuff has rekindled my lust for Ad Mech, both "now" and "then", and I'm gazing lovingly at Forge World's Mechanicum models. My pals have OK'ed that I use a Mechanicum combined arms detachment as primary with Skitarii as allies. So, now I need the rules n' army list and that would be Horus Heresy book 3 - extermination, right? Is there Mechanicum additions in book 4?

Before I buy 1 or 2 books at 72£ each, have there been any word on Mechanicum exclusive books, and if so when? I ask because I'm not too interested in the space marine parts and it's more likely that George Washington will invite me to a game of musical chairs, with tea and biscuits afterwards(TEA, dagnabbit!!!), then I would play legion space marines. I mean I will buy book 3 & 4 if that's the only way, but if there is a book comming out that's purely about Mechanicum I'd much rather be buying that.

What would you advice me to? If there is a Mechanicum book comming out it could be months, or even years before it is set upon the world. I have several Forge World books they are nice and I've heard that the Heresy books are even grander.

Thanks for reading.

The next two books are about Ultramar; the one after that is Prospero. I very much doubt we'll get a book just for Mars, unless they do one of the little red books for the Mechanicum.

The only Mechanicum addition in Book 4 is the Questoris Knights list.

The first thing I'd do, though, is wait a month or two after the Skitarii release to make sure Mechanicum aren't getting anything more from GW proper. Right now it feels a little bit like Militarum Tempestus, which we got just before Astra Militarum.

As Houghten says, the next 3 or so books are accounted for. There is a book planned for the future based around the Schism of Mars, which will be Mechanicum vs Dark Mechanicum, but that could be some way out yet. Book 3 (and potentially Book 1 too if you want Land Raiders) is the best book currently.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Also, if you're not really interested in the Legion fluff, it's cheaper to buy the campaign and crusade list books, [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_Books/THE_HORUS_HERESY_LEGIONES_ASTARTES:_CRUSADE_ARMY_L IST.html[/url] or even just the Crusade one, the only real addition the big books offer is more SM fluff.

...not for a Mechanicum player, it isn't. The Legiones Astartes Crusade Army List only has Thallax and Castellax as Heavy Support. Everything else is Marines. The Tagmahta Omnissiah list in Book 3, by contrast, contains no Marines at all.

Ah my bad then, sorry.