BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Chaos SM + Chaos Daemon mix'ology...

So I've been giving Chaos space marines and their friends a look over in trying to decide what army to focus on coming back to WH40k. Just learned about new detachments/formations and such and how include them properly. Forgive me if there's some big erroneous fubar on my part as i don't yet have the BRB or any of the new codex's. Using battle-scribe and forums as much as i can before dropping infinite amounts of excessive cash on GW products again hehe.

Thing with chaos is i can use the dark vengeance boxes and a lot of the cool mini's in them to get started with chaos. Love the helbrutes but seems that 98.7654% of folks hate them as being noncompetitive/not point worthy...

Seen a lot of lists that run a khorne lord on juggernaugt with AoBF joined to bikers or spawns. Also read some dirty fully xxx-rated tricks/tactics about running be'lakor and casting invis on said khorne lord for kicks and giggles and tears that ensue from the other side of the board.

So i'm curious about this set-up.

Chaos Space Marines: Combined Arms Detachment (vanilla CSM codex)

Headquarters: 255 points

255 - Daemon Prince - axe of blind fury, MoK, power armor, wings, warlord

Elites: 100 points

100 - Helbrute - powerfist, multi-melta

Troops: 150 points

50 - Chaos Cultists Mob x10 - autopistols

Fast Attack: 490 points

170 - Heldrake - baleflamer

160 - Chaos Spawn Pack x5 - MoK

160 - Chaos Spawn Pack x5 - MoK

Heavy Support: 375 points

125 - Maulerfiend

125 - Maulerfiend

125 - Maulerfiend

Chaos Daemons: Allied Detachment

Headquarters: 350 points

350 - Be'lakor, The Dark Master

Troops: 100 points

100 - Bloodletters of Khorne Mob x10

Heavy Support: 180 Points

180 - Soul Grinder of Chaos - MoK, Warpsword, Baleful Torrent

tallies up to 2000 points on the dot.

thought about mixing MoK and MoN (MoN on spawns and grinder) but kept everything as MoK for a bit of fluff i guess. i reckon the spawns and grinder would probably weather the battlefield better with papa nurgle's blessings.

One big aspect i could be royally screwing up and worried there is some rule im unaware of, is belakor casting invis on the DP w/ AoBF after they both get up field asap. this whole list might be all for naught if belakor can't cast a spell on another daemon (prince with MoK for that matter). could also cast it on the maulerfiends too.

thought about dropping a pack of spawn and 1 cultists mob so i can get a mayhem pack (just because i love the helbrute model hehe).

Oh well, i've probably gone and broken some cardinal chaos rule of some sort. Any C&C, suggestions, tips, insight, advice, etc is always appreciated.

Thanks,

Tak

First thought. If you made it double CAD with a Daemon troop choice you get to run Daemon primary and get the warp storm table for free (-1 cultists +1 Nurglings?).

Second thought. Its all khorne themed up there. Throw in a unit of possessed and you can run Khorne Daemonkin and get the Blood Tithe chart.

Personally Id go Daemonkin but up to you. And lose the warpsword on the grinder. Not worth 25 pts.