BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    This:

Does not mean:
    Yes, it does. It could mean something else, I suppose, but you'd have to be reaching pretty hard to claim it means "I want to take this away from other players because I can't have it!" And that's what was claimed. I was also called "petty" for that inaccurate claim, a rather offensive term when someone is making up a claim that isn't true to begin with. So please do feel free to take the actual offending party and have a good chat with them, rather than trying to defend offensive behavior through grammatical gymnastics.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Yes, it does. It could mean something else, I suppose, but you'd have to be reaching pretty hard to claim it means "I want to take this away from other players because I can't have it!" And that's what was claimed. I was also called "petty" for that inaccurate claim, a rather offensive term when someone is making up a claim that isn't true to begin with. So please do feel free to take the actual offending party and have a good chat with them, rather than trying to defend offensive behavior through grammatical gymnastics.
    I'm going to guess English isn't your first language. Saying "I'm not a fan of other people getting more squadrons and multiple selections per slot" does mean you are unhappy that they are getting them which is significantly different than saying you wish you had gotten some as well. It may not have been what you meant, but it is what you said. You say that wasn't what you meant, and that's fine, but don't think you were attacked because he said it was petty, it was petty the way you worded it the first time.
    If people played as often as they complained, we'd all have a lot more fun.

English *is* my first language, and one I'm rather good at (too good, most of the time).

My comment wasn't petty, and it's silly to argue it was something it wasn't in order to defend an offensive comment. Or to claim that I said something that I clearly didn't say.

I'd suggest moving along to something more relevant. Otherwise, you'll just waste your time, because if I bother to read, much less respond, to any more of this nonsense, I will drop all pretense at civil discourse and respond to the offense with like offense. I'm sure that would brighten everyone's day.

(For those of you who are bad with English, the last sentence was sarcasm. I suppose we have to explicitly state these things now, especially as people are so eager to claim entire sentences of text exist that clearly do not exist.)

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    (For those of you who are bad with English, the last sentence was sarcasm. I suppose we have to explicitly state these things now, especially as people are so eager to claim entire sentences of text exist that clearly do not exist.)
    I find that sarcasm is lost all too often in text conversations. There isn't really a good emoticon to suggest a sarcastic tone either :/
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chapter-Master

Maybe this would help.

My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

It would help somewhat, yup
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425