BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Khorne Daemonkin: Speed Kills?

I've been toying with an idea for my Khorne Daemonkin... Here's a rough outline of a 2000 point list:

Lord on Juggernaut, tooled up
    Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage
    6 Bloodcrushers, full command
    16 Bloodletters, full command
    8 Berzerkers, chainaxes
    8 Cultists
    8 Cultists
    5 Chaos Spawn
    5 Flesh Hounds
    Maulerfiend
    Maulerfiend
    Soul Grinder

The Lord would run along with the Bloodcrushers. The Bloodcrushers, Spawn, Hounds, Maulerfiends, and Bloodthirster all move 12" a turn, with minimal or no penalty from difficult terrain to slow them down. Cultists are sacrificial lambs who could possibly hold objectives (this all fits into a CAD), Bloodletters can hold an objective or rip apart Marine units in combat, Berzerkers are a sturdy unit who can rip up anything short of power armour in combat. Soul Grinder is some fire support that also lends some punch in combat.

The basic idea would be to rush the enemy with as much as possible, getting into combat on the 2nd turn unless something awful happens, and overwhelm them with too many fast-moving and scary targets. There's units that can deal with power armor, units that can take apart tanks... Really the only thing that could cause serious concern is a flyer, and the Soul Grinder has a three-shot S7 anti-air gun and the Bloodthirster can try for a Vector Strike (though that's not really that effective).

It might not be a tournament winning list, but I think it could have a decent shot against a lot of armies. Thoughts? Suggestions? Criticism?

I'd love to get more comments before I drop any money on this. To make this list, I just need another box of Bloodcrushers (already in the plans) and a couple Maulerfiends. (I should probably get one for my Iron Warriors, too, since it is meant for assaulting fortifications.)

Chapter-Master

I'd try for a slaughter cult if I were you, the extra blood tithe is worth it.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Just give the Khorne Lord the Axe and nothing else, get to 8 Blood Tithe points and spawn two Bloodthirsters. 135 for 500 is pretty sweet imo.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Just give the Khorne Lord the Axe and nothing else, get to 8 Blood Tithe points and spawn two Bloodthirsters. 135 for 500 is pretty sweet imo.
    those blood thirsters cant do anything until the third turn after they are summoned though
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Why?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Why?
    Its the way the Rules for FMC work, when they are summoned they MUST be in swoop mode and because they Deepstrike they cannot change mode that turn.

Then next turn they are allowed to change into glide mode, but because they changed mode they are not allowed to assault that turn, and apart from a 2 shot gun thats all a bloodthirster really does.

Then thrid turn AFTER summoning they are finally allowed to charge something, assuming the game hasn't ended

the only real practical way to use hte tokens is to summon lesser daemons and boost the army as a whole.

I've heard the dog horde backed by chaos lords and cultist fodder is particularly mean.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Battle-Brother

guess not putting wings on one of my daemon princes paid off

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nogle View Post
    guess not putting wings on one of my daemon princes paid off
    well to be fair, as far as I am aware the summoned/ascended Daemon prince cant have wings so is never a FMC.

Battle-Brother

rule in the codex say it has wings if your model has wings

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nogle View Post
    rule in the codex say it has wings if your model has wings
    huh, thats new, good choice then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast