BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Talos Loadout

Veteran-Sergeant

Default Talos Loadout

Hey all! Just wondering what you'd recommend for Talos loadouts in a Haemonculus coven list. I have three Talos right now, one of which has a Heat Lance (I deepstrike him as part of a Dark Artisan with a WWP. Boom, one dead tank), and two of which are unbuilt. I was thinking of spamming Haywire Blasters to cover anti-armour since my Wracks and Grotesques should be able to handle infantry in the assault phase. I know I wanna take a liquefier gun on one because my opponents tend to hug cover and that'll help flush them out but I thought I'd ask the opinion of some other DE players!
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

Liquifier is bad. Not only way too much points, you probably even shoot yourself out of attack range and lose another attack on top of it.
    Thats a little bit much for 15 points.
    Haywire, Splinter and Heatlance are good options depending on purpose and deployment.
    As for the other upgrades:
    Chain-Flails are good against everthing up to T6, Ichor injector against everything T7 or better.

Corpesthief Claw is pretty good if you do not run into D weapons but its quite expensive money wise.

Veteran-Sergeant

Thanks! Fair point about the Liquefier, Chain Flails probably a better bet then. Looks like it'll be Flails and Haywire then!
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

Charon´s on point. I use Chain flails and Haywire/tl Heat Lance ATM. BUT...i´ve had good experiences with Dark Artisan with Liquifier/Scissorhand on Haemie (as as WL of course) and with the Cronos`s S3 AP3 "flamer", normal tactical squad says poof! And if it doesn´t, please, shoot us and charge, or we will
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Battle-Brother

I've only just started with DE and have only played one game. I put the I got injector on mine with splinter cannon.
    I played against red scorpions and killed severin loth in combat with critical dose. Intant death is good!
    Escalation Painting, YouTube tutorials, reviews and showcases for all levels of hobbyist!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjPFNN6RrFs472LGvNYUhDw