BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Dark Angels and Skitarii 1850 (Early List Building for fun!)

So I got the Skitarii Codex the other day, and I wanted to put together a quick list that will incorporate the first couple purchases I plan to make with the army. I'm hoping that this will help breath some much needed life into my Dark Angels who've gone a long time without tasting victory (In a moderate setting, I don't play many competitive gamers). My first planned purchases are going to be 2 squads of Rangers and an Onager Dunecrawler, but after reading through the rules the Sicarian Infiltrators are whispering sweet nothings into my ear and they'll be a tempting choice. (Fun fact: A maxed out 10 man squad of these bad boys are an eye watering 370 points!)

So, I'm currently thinking something along the lines of this:
    Primary Detachment: Dark Angels
    HQ:
    Belial 190

Elites:
    Deathwing Knights x10:
    1 w/ Flail of the Unforgiven & Storm Shield,
    9 w/ Mace of Absolution & Storm Shield 465

Troops:
    Deathwing Terminators x5: 4 w/ TH&SS, 1 w/ Assault Cannon 260

Tactical Marines x10: Veteran Sergeant, 1 w/ Plasma Gun, Rhino 200

Tactical Marines x10: Veteran Sergeant, 1 w/ Plasma Gun, Rhino 200

Allied Detatchment: Skitarii
    Troops:
    Skitarii Rangers x10: Omnispex,
    Alpha w/ Phosphor Blast Pistol & Taser Goad,
    1 w/ Transuranic Arquebus, 1 w/ Plasma Caliver 200

Skitarii Rangers x10: Omnispex,
    Alpha w/ Phosphor Blast Pistol & Taser Goad,
    1 w/ Transuranic Arquebus, 1 w/ Plasma Caliver 200

Heavy Support:
    Onager Dunecrawler: Icarus Array, Cognis Heavy Stubber,
    Smoke Launchers 135

I FINALLY HAVE ACCESS TO COMPETENT ANTI-AIR!!! \o/

General idea is to establish my Skitarii in some cover on the first turn, Dunecrawler in a nice spot out of range ready for incoming flyers, Tacticals in Rhino for mid-field objectives. Second turn would see 10 Deathwing Knights and Belial Deep Strike on their most vulnerable flank while the second Deathwing Squad would go far midfield to menace the other. Skitarii and Tacticals attack mid-field opponents and the Onager sweeps for Anti-Air (Effective Anti-Air radius of 48").

Predicted vulnerability to: Flyer heavy armies, Elite close combat armies, highly mobile armies.
    Predicted effective against: MEQ heavy armies, Deathstar armies (Galvanic Rifle Precision Shots baby!), Gunlines.

P.S.
    Still working on those 10 Deathwing Knights, so this is still definitely a wishlist (But could proxy if I wanted to). (2.75/10)
    Last edited by interrogator_chaplain; 04-11-2015 at 11:34 PM.

I haven't looked at the Skitarii codex yet, so I have no idea what they do (lol). That being said, how does this list deal with Land Raiders and other AV14 vehicles? I would try to scrape up the 20ish points to give each Tactical Squad a Multi-Melta in addition to the Plasma Gun. This will increase your anti-armor capabilities at 24" range while also improving the squad's versatility.

Well first and foremost, that's what I would hope to kill with the TH/SS Terminators.

But the Transuranic Arquebus is a 60" SX AP3 Armourbane Sniper, which I thought would be a handy tool against them, but I like your idea too. I did really just stick the Phosphor Pistols and Taser Goads on the Alpha's to fill a missing 30 points, if I dropped that, and changed the Assault Cannon in the Terminator Squad to a Heavy Flamer (Which makes a little more sense as it's an Assault Squad.) would free up another 10 points which would give me enough to fill that armour killing roll.

I like where your head is at. Good call.

Glad I could help! Plasmagun/Multi-Melta has always been one of my favorite Tactical Squad weapon combos. If I can afford it I add a Combi-Plasma and Meltabombs to the Sergeant, but this is far from necessary.

Great list!