BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 7th edition Dreadnought drop pod rules?

As the tittle suggests, i could use a little help finding the 7th edition compatible dreadnought drop pod rules.

Obviously one of the players at my local store has started using the dreadnought drop pod recently. I don't have forge world books, and i don't hate FW or anything, i love FW in fact and openly embrace its use. I just don't like people using the out of date FW rules. I Also don't want to buy the 7th edition rule book, so keep in mind i have to go rules wise by what I'm told by this opponent. He's not an underhanded snake or a jerk, hes a very respectable gentlemen, but i don't 100% get the 7th edition rule set like i did for 6th/5th. I try to keep very up to date on whats what through teh internetz. Now i could be wrong about its rules, and he may have been using it right, either way let me know. The pod used to let you charge after arriving, but this is not so anymore as far as i am aware(this being the most important rules bit).

So when he tells me hes charging me with his murder fang and the silly new space wolf dread with an axe and shield..... the same turn they arrive from there drop pods.... that kind of flies in the face of everything iv heard about the updated rules. But I'm a lenient guy, and i had literally nothing more than my word that he was incorrect, so i let him play it without contestant(perhaps I'm too lenient). I texted him the other night, he doesn't have the IA book only a PDF that he uses from memory. I'm sure his PDF was accurate but i believe its the out of date version, by a few years now isn't it? heck i was able to find the same data sheet i believe he was using in my first search for the rules(the one that costs 50 pts)

So what am i asking for?

What imperial amour book has the "proper" rules for the dread drop pod? IA2: 2nd edition? IA: Apac? ?!?!?!?!? this thing has gone through so many rules changes its frustrating to keep track of.

Now I assume were not allowed to post the unit entry for things on the forums or something to that effect?(i did not review the specific forums rules).... but if your able to PM me/ link it to me/ copy its rules down and send it to me or just send me in the right direction for its rules so that i can simply view them and show it to the opponent in question, I would be very appreciative.

I just want to understand the rules involved so i don't feel like iv been/was cheated on again. And be able to present the correct rules so that they may be used properly.

Occuli Imperator

The rules for drop pods are in the space wolf codex, the lucius rules are in Imperial Armour Volume Two – Second Edition: War Machines of the Adeptus Astartes book.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Veteran-Sergeant

The forge world drop pod rule are changed, you cant charge anymore the turn it deep strikes. Lets say it gives more protection vs intercepter, thats it.
    Last edited by wolflold; 04-12-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinius113 View Post
    As the tittle suggests, i could use a little help finding the 7th edition compatible dreadnought drop pod rules.

Obviously one of the players at my local store has started using the dreadnought drop pod recently. I don't have forge world books, and i don't hate FW or anything, i love FW in fact and openly embrace its use. I just don't like people using the out of date FW rules. I Also don't want to buy the 7th edition rule book, so keep in mind i have to go rules wise by what I'm told by this opponent. He's not an underhanded snake or a jerk, hes a very respectable gentlemen, but i don't 100% get the 7th edition rule set like i did for 6th/5th. I try to keep very up to date on whats what through teh internetz. Now i could be wrong about its rules, and he may have been using it right, either way let me know. The pod used to let you charge after arriving, but this is not so anymore as far as i am aware(this being the most important rules bit).

So when he tells me hes charging me with his murder fang and the silly new space wolf dread with an axe and shield..... the same turn they arrive from there drop pods.... that kind of flies in the face of everything iv heard about the updated rules. But I'm a lenient guy, and i had literally nothing more than my word that he was incorrect, so i let him play it without contestant(perhaps I'm too lenient). I texted him the other night, he doesn't have the IA book only a PDF that he uses from memory. I'm sure his PDF was accurate but i believe its the out of date version, by a few years now isn't it? heck i was able to find the same data sheet i believe he was using in my first search for the rules(the one that costs 50 pts)

So what am i asking for?

What imperial amour book has the "proper" rules for the dread drop pod? IA2: 2nd edition? IA: Apac? ?!?!?!?!? this thing has gone through so many rules changes its frustrating to keep track of.

Now I assume were not allowed to post the unit entry for things on the forums or something to that effect?(i did not review the specific forums rules).... but if your able to PM me/ link it to me/ copy its rules down and send it to me or just send me in the right direction for its rules so that i can simply view them and show it to the opponent in question, I would be very appreciative.

I just want to understand the rules involved so i don't feel like iv been/was cheated on again. And be able to present the correct rules so that they may be used properly.
    Forgeworld is literally the worst company ever for releasing different versions of its rules, and leaving people unawares as to which version is the latest. Someone posted an index to all the relevant source books somewhere so you can go find them yourself.

That being said, the Lucius has been mega nerfed in the aforementioned IA:V2-2ndEd (Jesu, could they not just call it something else?)... specifically "The Lucius pattern Dread DP has the assault vehicle rule thanks to its blah blah blah, allowing the yolk of this mechanical egg to assault the same turn it disembarks from the drop pod. However, the dread may still not assault on the same turn the drop pod arrives from deep strike.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

yeah now they hide inside the pod and THEN pop out next turn, so think of it more as an AV12 bunker with a dread inside.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Basically the pod comes down and the doors open. As long as any part of the dreadnought base touches any part of the drop pod including doors, it attracts the (shrouded) +2 to cover save. It can then charge from the pod turn 2. I think if you disembark with the pod between the dread and the opposition, and get night fight, you can probably get to a 2+ cover save.

If you want to check out the rules yourself, you can find a pdf copy if you google, I won't link and I'm sure myself and BoLS don't endorse such behaviour!
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Scout

The most recent rules I know for the Lucian Pattern Drop Pod are from Imperial Armour Apocalypse second edition. Is there a more recent set of rules?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Cabot Henhaus III View Post
    The most recent rules I know for the Lucian Pattern Drop Pod are from Imperial Armour Apocalypse second edition. Is there a more recent set of rules?
    Yes

Stupidly named: Imperial Armor Volume 2 - 2nd Edition.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Forgeworld is literally the worst company ever for releasing different versions of its rules, and leaving people unawares as to which version is the latest. Someone posted an index to all the relevant source books somewhere so you can go find them yourself.

That being said, the Lucius has been mega nerfed in the aforementioned IA:V2-2ndEd (Jesu, could they not just call it something else?)... specifically "The Lucius pattern Dread DP has the assault vehicle rule thanks to its blah blah blah, allowing the yolk of this mechanical egg to assault the same turn it disembarks from the drop pod. However, the dread may still not assault on the same turn the drop pod arrives from deep strike.
    The way they play this rule in my area is the Dreadnought can stay embarked in the drop pod that counts as an open topped vehicle the turn it arrives. So you have to target the drop pod and destroy it before shooting at the Dread. I have no idea if this is the general interpretation or just what the local TOs came up with to interpret an otherwise very poorly written set of rules.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    The way they play this rule in my area is the Dreadnought can stay embarked in the drop pod that counts as an open topped vehicle the turn it arrives. So you have to target the drop pod and destroy it before shooting at the Dread. I have no idea if this is the general interpretation or just what the local TOs came up with to interpret an otherwise very poorly written set of rules.
    That's the way my store plays it. Unlike the normal drop pod rules it doesn't say the passengers must disembark the turn the drop pod lands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast