BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Plains of War GT (ITC event) - Update- Registration Open!

Hi Everyone,

My Name is Fabio and I am from Winnipeg, MB, Canada. I have been traveling to tournaments for the past 5 years or so and after meeting Reece and Frankie in Arizona and learning what the ITC was really about I decided to take the plunge with a couple buddies and start the Plains of War GT.

Currently we are in the process of building our web page and doing all the behind the scenes stuff but what we really wanted to do is get the gamers in the area out of their basements, to a neutral location where there are no kids under the age of 18, food delivered to the gaming tables and lovely waitresses to provide the gamers with booze all evening! So we came up with the idea of hosting a monthly gaming event to not only get the community excited about 40k again but to build hype for our first annual tournament which will be held August 2016.

What is already set up for the upcoming months:

I am really aiming at getting a lot of you 'Amuricans' up to this tournament next year so I have been working hard on getting really good prices to the hotel / venue for everyone so keep checking in for those details when they become available.

Please check us out on Facebook and "like" our page!
    [url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Plains-of-War-GT/1607722979463016?ref=aymt_homepage_panel[/url]

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Gents!

So our first event took place this past Tuesday and it went amazing! We had 25 guys show up for gaming at Reset Ultra Lounge. Unfortunately we could only set up 6 tables due to our F.A.T Mat shortage and I could only get so much terrain designed and laser cut before the event, but thats ok! we made it work and there were really no issues!

We ended up having 6 tables running and the Jets Hockey Game over the course of the evening! here are some photos from the event:

You can check the rest out on our FB page!
    [url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Plains-of-War-GT/1607722979463016?ref=aymt_homepage_panel[/url]
    Last edited by Chaosftw; 11-05-2015 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Update

Battle-Brother

Hey Everyone!

Plains of War is hosting another open gaming night on April 5th at Reset Ultra Lounge in Winnipeg Manitoba for all the locals! The first event was a great success and we are really trying to grow the community as best we can in preparation for our main event in 2016!

Later this month we are also holding a Kill Team Tournament at Reset Ultra Lounge. The idea behind all these mini events is to get people understanding and encountering different rules as well as really learning their own rules in preparation for major tournaments as well as meet other players in the area. This event will be held on June 16th

As for our Major event I am currently in negotiations with the Holiday Inn near the Winnipeg Airport with regards to costs per room. I am wondering what is a reasonable price range that people would be willing to pay for hotel rooms per night. If anyone can't give me some feedback as to what they pay when travelling around the USA it would be greatly appreciated.

"Until next time, Keep fit and have fun"
    www.powgt.ca

Very interesting information, Chaosftw. Keep it posted!

Battle-Brother

Default Website is officially live!

Hi Everyone!

Our website has finally gone live! While the content is still getting modified please feel free to subscribe so that you will know immediately when the room booking, costs, and registration will become available among other important announcements!

We Promis to keep the emails to once a month at most to avoid spamming people!

The event will be held August 27-28th 2016 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada so be sure to save the dates!!!

The Website Link is: [url]http://www.powgt.ca[/url]
    www.powgt.ca

Battle-Brother

So its certainly been a while since I have posted any update so this one will be quite lengthy.

So myself and the PoW Crew have been busy with monthly events, a kill team tournament, getting our hotel details finalized, getting sponsors, writing up contracts for said sponsors, building terrain, driving to the U.S to grab large quantities of F.A.T Mats... the list of things to do is endless!!

So what I won't do is post a lot of words in this post but I will post links to our FB page's photos and our website for info so be sure to check them out!

Free Monthly Open Gaming
    So we just had another open gaming night at Reset Interactive Ultra Lounge in Winnipeg, Canada last night and despite my theory of it being a slow night due to the time of the year I was very wrong. We had over 30 Gamers through out the night playing games of 40k that ranged from 1,000 points, 1,500pts, 1850 pts, and 2v2 matches. It was actually so busy that we ran the kitchen out of wings on wing night lol! They were able to get reinforcements quickly though so it was all good! They didn't run out of booze though so no one was really that worried.

After Set Up:

A shot during the evening:

More images can be found: [url]https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1665975866971060.1073741836.160772297946301 6&type=3[/url]

Kill Team Event
    We Also had a Kill Team 2v2 tournament where each game you had a random partner and random opponents. It was called the Ice Breaker. We used it as a way for people in the community to come out and game but more importantly come out and meet new players and literally "shoot the ****". We were very fortunate to get a lot of prize support which was really cool! so lots of the guys walked away with stuff!

The Time Clock:

Prizes:

More images can be found at: [url]https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1664114037157243.1073741834.160772297946301 6&type=3[/url]

Tournament Hotel and Accommodations
    So I finalized all the hotel info for the first annual Plains of War GT with the Holiday Inn which is located right next to the airport. I was able to get an excellent deal on the venue as well as food deals, drink deals, and quite competitive room rates. All this info as it becomes available will be posted on the website.

website link: [url]www.powgt.ca[/url]

Terrain Building
    So with tournaments you need terrain and I am not one to skimp out on the stuff so I had ordered quite a bit recently. So one day myself and a buddy decided to crack open one of the orders i had received (more because only one box fit in my car.... camaro problems) build, prime and texture coat all its contents.

Some Photos:

F.A.T Mats
    So I had ordered a bunch more mats for the event and they were sitting at the boarder. So I get up super early on a Saturday and zipped to the boarder to grab all my mats. I had to go steal my mothers vehicle though because there was no way in hell they would fit in my camaro (#Camaroproblems)

Once I returned to my parents place to drop off my mothers vehicle I had to unpack all 20 mats just so that they could fit in my back seat (#Camaroproblems). I must say though, I have never had such good traction while driving before.

My dog was not to impressed though.. he didn't have a pack seat to sprawl out on.

Thats it for now everyone! Please be sure to go to [url]www.powgt.ca[/url] and click the "Subscribe Button" on the main page. We promise not to send any spam! it is just so I can notify everyone when signups open, and any major changes that people should be aware of as the event gets closer such as rules changes / updates, hotel info, schedule changes, etc.
    www.powgt.ca

Battle-Brother

Hey Everyone!

Next Tuesday (September 1st) is Free Open Gaming at Reset Interactive Ultralounge​! Last week we had over 30 gamers out ether relaxing and socializing with the community or playing! Be sure to check us out on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter for news and information!

Also with the Twin Eagles Event coming up October 31st Scotty will have registration open at Reset as well as have a couple tables set up to play doubles games! He is also providing scenarios which cater to the 2v2 style of play that the TE tournament caters too!

Lastly I will also have ITC scenarios at Reset every week going forward so if people want to try their lists using the ITC format and scenarios they can for sure do that!

Be sure to head over to [url]http://www.powgt.ca[/url] and click the "subscribe" button to be notified when the room block and the Plains of War GT registration go live!

www.powgt.ca

Battle-Brother

Hey Everyone!! there is only a week left until registration opens (November 2nd)!! Be sure to get in on the early bird registration if your planning on attending!!!
    www.powgt.ca

Battle-Brother

Howdy Gents!

November 2nd was the first official day to register for the Plains of War GT! The event will be an 1850 point event and will be the weekend of the 27th & 28th of August 2016.

If anyone is interested in coming to collect some valuable ITC points / have a good time gaming for the weekend be sure to put your name on the list or do a complete registration!

For all information on how to do ether please visit:
    [URL="http://www.powgt.ca/tournament/registration.html"]http://www.powgt.ca/tournament/registration.html[/URL]

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email me directly at: [email][email protected][/email]
    Take Care!
    www.powgt.ca

Battle-Brother

Happy Monday Everyone!

With only 11 days left until Christmas and only 17 more days until the new year I wanted to post up a friendly reminder that while the Warhammer 40k Tournament is still not until August of 2016 it really is not that far away when it comes to army/ list/ travel preparations.

I encourage everyone who is interested in coming to the tournament to visit the event page and be sure to invite your friends!:
    [url]https://www.facebook.com/events/424359257766084/[/url]

There is a link to our website which explains rules, tournament location, room rates, etc. You can also subscribe to the website so that you can be notified of major event info / changes as they come up.

If you have any questions please check out our Facebook page!
    [url]https://www.facebook.com/Plains-of-War-1607722979463016/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel[/url]
    www.powgt.ca

Battle-Brother

Hi Everyone!

Happy New Year! I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays!!

I have two (2) Items I want to address:
    1. The rules have been modified slightly for the GT so PLEASE take a moment when you can to go through them and IF you have any questions please feel free to ask on this page or contact Scott, Wes, or myself.
    2. There is just a little less then one (1) month left to get in on the "Early Bird" registration. So if you want to save yourself $10.00 CAD be sure to sign up before February 2nd!!

Thanks Everyone!!
    www.powgt.ca

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast