BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I would make blast markers able to affect troops in an open top vehicle if the centre point of the blast marker is within the vehicle otherwise the sides of the vehicle protect them from the blast. The current rules make no sense and make open topped vehicles which are cheap too effective unless you have template weapons. All Psychic powers should be able to be cast (using fire points for LOS) from vehicles but add one to the warp charge required to take into account the bumpy ride.

More options like Carapace armour for rough riders would be good, as well as the option to take lasguns in addition to other equipment (like Afghanistani cavalry wielding jezails in the 19th century), but making them cheaper would probably be the way to go.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Yeah, I think a lot of edits would be good.

Man, I need to break out my notebook and start writing in my lunch break...

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    More options like Carapace armour for rough riders would be good, as well as the option to take lasguns in addition to other equipment (like Afghanistani cavalry wielding jezails in the 19th century), but making them cheaper would probably be the way to go.
    Yeah, the only problem is Carapace Armour is described as bulky and heavy, those poor horses. Maybe go the other way and make them like Deathriders? More expensive, but very much worth it.

For a one-use unit that only matters in the first round of combat though, you don't want to be overspending on them. :/
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

remove all 2+ armour - give all 2+ armour types an extra wound ! - possibly remove instant death from multi-wound models [ie give them eternal warrior]

remove all AP2 weapons and make AP 1 weapons AP3 v 'non-vehicle targets' - i mean really: "quick shoot that gaunt with your shoulder mounted las-cannon !"

the m/c / vehicle issue is too complicated to fix !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mcturk View Post
    remove all 2+ armour - give all 2+ armour types an extra wound ! - possibly remove instant death from multi-wound models [ie give them eternal warrior]

remove all AP2 weapons and make AP 1 weapons AP3 v 'non-vehicle targets' - i mean really: "quick shoot that gaunt with your shoulder mounted las-cannon !"

the m/c / vehicle issue is too complicated to fix !
    Hmm, but then you have Terminators getting annihilated by Battle Cannons. Not to mention them being still as vulnerable to massed fire. 2+ Saves occupy a pretty important niche.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Yeah, the only problem is Carapace Armour is described as bulky and heavy, those poor horses. Maybe go the other way and make them like Deathriders? More expensive, but very much worth it.

For a one-use unit that only matters in the first round of combat though, you don't want to be overspending on them. :/
    Sounds like a very similar description to full plate:
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm11yAXeegg[/url]
    I'm pretty sure specially bred horses could cope with it, basically allows Knights in space from feudal worlds IMO.
    Yeah, but then the rough riders would have to be less points in the first place I think.

I agree that 2+ saves have a place.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Hmm, I suppose it's possible. Leaving them with Flak Armour base would allow you to do the Atillan approach as well. I mainly wanna run dirt biker gangs, but they're so fragile it's hard to make them matter.

Veteran-Sergeant

The easiest change is the remove Battle Brothers from the Allies matrix, and make Allies of Convenience to highest level of Alliance. Most problems would be solved with just that one change.

SJ

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Hmm, but then you have Terminators getting annihilated by Battle Cannons. Not to mention them being still as vulnerable to massed fire. 2+ Saves occupy a pretty important niche.
    no you wouldnt - not with one shot - cos all termis would have two wounds - and they still have a 5++, but its a bit radical maybe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast