BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

yeah the more I play and read about other games, the more I'm coming to the conclusion that the Instant Death Mechanic is one of the worst ones in the game.

Its far to easy for some armies to exploit and makes entire unit choices obsolete unless their T and W scale together, thereby cutting off an entire design mechanism. Other games I've played either forgo it entirely or limit it to a prescribed set of "wounds" and they seem to suffer much less in terms of multi wound scaling.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Hmm, I suppose it's possible. Leaving them with Flak Armour base would allow you to do the Atillan approach as well. I mainly wanna run dirt biker gangs, but they're so fragile it's hard to make them matter.
    How about a movement based modifier to hit? Say a -1 to hit if they are moving/moved? it doesn't add to armor but does give an extra level of protection in a way.
    na na na na na... wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    How about a movement based modifier to hit? Say a -1 to hit if they are moving/moved? it doesn't add to armor but does give an extra level of protection in a way.
    Handy, but it's still Templates that really ruin their day. A single Flamer can wreck the squad. :/
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

How about the first post having all the suggested rules changes added to it? Mods?
    I like coffee grunts allies idea. (Bet your surprised lol)
    Daboarders instant death thoughts are cool too, maybe just d3 wounds?
    Serpent shield causes stunning to units in 6" of serpent so they can only snap fire next turn, this allows banshees etc to exit and then charge next turn?

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Handy, but it's still Templates that really ruin their day. A single Flamer can wreck the squad. :/
    ooo. forgot about templates. hmm, maybe allow them to purchase refractor fields?
    na na na na na... wut?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123