Okay so I am trying to create a competitive 1750ish point army of either salamanders or space wolves. I like both lists I have put together, but want some advice on which between the two would be more viable in a tourny, and if changes to that list should be made.

what I am looking for in the army

competitive

lots of troops\models to score objs. (but not ruling out what the best is. ex. if 3 dreads twin linked auto cans better then 3 groups of long fangs then let me know .

These are rough lists so please dont get caught up in points, I am more looking for insight on the composition of the army lists

Salamander 1710
HQ
190 pts Vulkan He’stan
Troops
139 pts 6 Tactical Squad | Combi-melta, Meltagun, Drop pod
Elite
145 pts 5 Legion of the Damned | Combi-melta, Multi meltagun
Fast Attack
130 pts 5 Assault Squad Flamerx2, Drop Pod

Space Wolves Formation Great company 2,000 points (pretty strict and large formation)
HQ basic wolf lord
201 pts Wolf Lord fenrisian wolvesx2, helm of durfast, fangsword of the icewolf, arm of russ (going in stormwolf with wolfguard)
66 pts Wolfguard Battle Leader wolvesx2 (going somewhere)

Troops
129 pts 6 Grey hunters | melta gun drop pod
Elites
86 pts 5 Wolfscouts snipersx4 camo cloaksx5
455 pts 5 Wolfguard dual clawsx5, Stormwolf (wolf lord in here as well)
Fast Attack
85 pts 5 Skyclaws flamersx2
Heavy Support
145 pts 5 Long Fangs missle launcherx4, flakk misslesx1
145 pts 5 Long Fangs missle launcherx4, flakk misslesx1

This is alot of points will need some managing to get down to 1750.

So im not consumed with drop pod spam it just seems super effective, maybe instead of all drop pods do 3 rhino/razorback 2 drop pod in both lists? With sala it seems like all drop pod isnt bad, but with the SW list maybe 2 drop pods other three groups of grey hunters diff kit and ride up in rhinos?

Salamanders should I even take assault squads? better choice? no fast attack and just fill up some heavy support? Space wolves kind of same issue load up on blood claws instead of sky claws or will sky claws pay off with horde thinning?

The Salamander list is a super basic concept, I realize I need to drop a squad or two of this or that in order to fit in something else to fill gaps. I just dont see the hole or know what to fill it with.
Thank you.