BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default What I wanted to play at Throne of Skulls - 1875 points

I wanted to go to Throne of Skulls this year but the tickets sold out before I could get one. Not to be discouraged for next time I wrote up a list which took quite a while because I usually play 1500 point games and like everybody else I thought 1875 was a rather random points limit. But because of the high point allowance I would have been able to play a list that I thought could really throw out the hurt.

Reclamation Legion
    Nemesor Zahndrekh - 150
    Necron Warriors x10 - 260
    Night Scythe
    Necron Warriors x10 - 260
    Night Scythe
    Necron Immortals x10 - 170
    w/ Tesla Carbines
    Tomb Blades - 57
    Shadowloowm x3

Deathbringer Flight
    Doom Scythe - 160
    Doom Scythe - 160

Destroyer Cult
    Destroyer Lord - 145
    Phase Shifter, Gauntlet of Fire
    Necron Destroyers x3
    Necron Destroyers x3
    Necron Destroyers x3
    Heavy Destroyers x3

I really like the Decurion and considering Throne of Skulls is in essence "true 40K" it would stand the best chance thanks to all the formation special rules. I've been hearing on a lot of the podcasts is the lack of flyers many players seem to be going for with Decurion. So I decided to rectify that especially since I suspect Forgeworld models would be in large abundance and they have some tasty flyers available.
    I would keep the Destroyer Lord at the front of the Heavy Destroyers to tank all of the hits and depending on my opponents list it would determine if my warriors started in the Night Scythes and my Tomb Blades would always start in reserve. Rate/Fix and rub it in that your going and I'm not.

almost complete opposite of my necrons. lol. no wraith. no praetorians. oh my. and really destroyers in 3's ? or is that the newdex ?

I'm going MSU for the list. In regards to wraiths the canoptek harvest is far to vulnerable in my opinion. If I was running CAD wraiths would be an auto include in the list but in relation to praetorians I would be better of with wraiths again because they are much more versatile or I could spend the points on heavy destroyers since they are our only long range TEQ killers.