BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Initiate

Default Possible names for new space marine chapter wanted

My son recently built a moderately sized space marine army and was wondering about possible names for his chapter. The colours are white and blue quartered with a yellow helmet and the fouding chapter is not important. I have attachted some pics to help get the creative juices flowing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S5002950.jpg 
Views:	723 
Size:	260.9 KB 
ID:	13697
    Will not judge you by your medals and diplomas, but by your scars...

Maybe "Skybreakers"? First thing that comes to my mind is sky with clouds based on colours.

How old is your son? They look really good!

I don't have any immediate ideas for a name, but they do look like UM Successors, with Company colour on the helmet to me -- not that that helps much with the name.

I'd suggest trying the name generator on B&C, ( [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/liber/CantinaChapterCreator.html"]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/liber/CantinaChapterCreator.html[/URL] although some of those names can be a little odd ...

- - - Updated - - -

And welcome to BOLS!

What is the design painted on the banner? May help come up with a name. Looks like a red scimitar?
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Scout

I like Nova Griffons (Gryphons... depends on spelling taste). You could very easily use the red sword (scimitar) as part of a chapter honor. Maybe they quelled an uprising of heretics on their homeworld, or some off-world back-water planet. Look me up if you need chapter badges designed.

First thing I can think of is 'Skybreakers' due to colour schema.

Librarian

I'm feeling.... Astral Sabers (or Sabres, if you prefer). Or the Lions Rampant.

Ivory Bulwark?

Red Sabers
    Crimson Sabers
    Warriors of the Red Sword
    Knights of the Red Blade
    The Blooded
    The Chosen
    Beheaders
    Swords of Doom
    Swords of Wrath
    Swords of Penitence
    Swords of Justice
    na na na na na... wut?

gost fayct killaz
    mareenz og
    pacs rayderz
    owtlawz
    kush kloudz
    hood up

rite sy fy naymz rite der dawg. demz stryk feer into heretikz hartz na mean?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAquila77 View Post
    My son recently built a moderately sized space marine army and was wondering about possible names for his chapter. The colours are white and blue quartered with a yellow helmet and the fouding chapter is not important. I have attachted some pics to help get the creative juices flowing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S5002950.jpg 
Views:	723 
Size:	260.9 KB 
ID:	13697
    The Great Cornholios.

Battle Cry - are you threatening me!?

Sigil - T.P.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast