BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Defiant Workshop's Star Wars Imperial Assault WIP thread

Some quick hits while I paint up SW:IA in the midst of all the other things I have going.

I started with the AT-STs first. There's one that comes in the core set, and an "expansion" one of more of a "boss" style character, General Weiss. AT-STs in general are easy enough paint jobs. They're one color with some weathering. I wanted to set Weiss's more interesting unit apart with some markings. I decided on adding what amounts to racing stripes, even though its not really on the character art. I just masked off the area and sprayed some Tamiya black:

After that, I thought some other markings might make the unit more intimidating on the table top, so I added some decals from my Tau sheet:

And that's about it! I need to weather it up and clear coat it, then on to the characters themselves.
    Check out the blog of unceasing fun, defiantworkshop.blogspot.com!

First up were the wookies, Gharkaan and Chewbacca. They're similar, but a little different, in scheme. Both are a base brown, but Chewie is a darker brown with shades of black, while the wookie exclusive to the game, Gharkaan, is more of an orange hue. I started with the same brown base, but my shades and highlights were different for each. I just used my iPhone camera for these shots, so coloration may be off a smidge until I get my nice camera out to capture the lot of them. Gharkaan is at the top, while Chewie is pictured below.

Also did the probe droids, actually the first from the set that I painted, I just haven't photographed them until now. Pretty simple, just sprayed black, drybrushed with metallics and then glossed on the lens pieces with a dash of white:

Lastly are the Nexu, holdovers from the prequels, but fortunately not major characters. I'll accept them, because they're creatures from the universe. So I painted them up, used a custom mixed pink wash in the fur, and dry brushed a gray as the tiger stripes. The mouth was painted in shades of purples and grays. All in all, fairly standard stuff, but the end result I was happy with, especially for a game that will most likely just be played with the family:

And there you have it! I'll get better shots of all of them once I get the whole set painted, but this gives you an idea of where they're at, and how I'm spending the 5 minutes of free time a day I have. Thank you for stopping by!

Didn't realize how long it had been since I updated! Got a few from the new expansion completed, as well as some hero minis: