BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Again, I have to stress that applying structure points to everything is not just a bad, but a terrible idea. Mech armies are hard enough already.

Otherwise, well, hellooooooooo unstoppable 5 LR army!
    "Nuh Uhn" is the valid counter argument to "Uhn Huh," which was the entire Affirmative case presented. -JWolf

You know, I actually like Sir Biscuit's idea a lot. Something like this:

• AV10 == AV10
    • AV11 ==> AV12
    • AV12 ==> AV13
    • AV13 ==> AV14

I meant it for walkers only, actually sturdy walkers, sentinels should be as fragile as they are now.

Abbess Sanctorum

(I'm fully aware that this means Penitent Engines won't get tougher, but to be fair the pilot might as well have a big fat target painted on his chest considering he has no protection at all)
    It doesn't have a "pilot"; the guy is basically nailed in there and pumped full of chemicals, the actual control of the vehicle is done with its machine spirit and a priest (Similar to arco-flagellants). If he's killed, the machine can still fight.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    It doesn't have a "pilot"; the guy is basically nailed in there and pumped full of chemicals, the actual control of the vehicle is done with its machine spirit and a priest (Similar to arco-flagellants). If he's killed, the machine can still fight.
    Do you have a quote for that? "Driven by the heretic's frenzied need for forgiveness" and "knowing that only in death can forgiveness be granted" makes it sound to me like the victim is basically in control, same as an arco-flagellant is basically in control of itself.

Abbess Sanctorum

I recall reading something about how it would continue fighting long after the pilot should have been dead. But if it's going to remain an FA11 open topped walker effectively with Rage, it needs to have its points cost cut in friggin' half at least.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Oh, I dunno. I think grotzooka kanz are pretty fairly priced at 45 apiece. A penitent engine is a lot better in CC, and 37% faster, in exchange for being open-topped and largely uncontrollable. 6+2d6" of regular movement with a 13-18" charge range is actually quite good, after all. I agree that they aren't worth 80 points apiece, but I could go with 50.
    Last edited by Nabterayl; 02-26-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Abbess Sanctorum

Well more than that, in order to take P.Engines, you must sacrifice a vital heavy support slot which could hold a more useful Exorcist.

That might be solved by making engines a squadron.

I redid some math, due to the armored sentinel getting some "walker wounds" with my previous proposal, so I went the sum of all AVs,

0 - 30 -> nada
    31 - 33 -> 1
    34 - 36 -> 2
    37 - inf. -> 3

Not having close combat weapons is -1 points (less durable/meant to endure).
    Venerable is replaced with +1 structural points.

Abbess Sanctorum

They ARE a squadron . A squadron of three, for 240 points. With open-topped FA11 and rage.

They suck. Sure, IF they get into close combat they can do some damage, but they'll never get there and that's a good chunk of points and a heavy support slot.
    Last edited by Melissia; 02-26-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast