BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 40k online?

Default 40k online?

So Vigil games has been making warhammer 40k online? I guess ther ewill be some marines Vs chaos goingon.

Ig will not be a playable race so sorry Jwolf.

Who would be up for playing it when it comes out?

I'd be willling to.

Fly Lord

Last release date I saw was 2012, so it could be a while.

I hear some of the Vigil crew may stop by BoLScon, so keep an eye out for them.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I'm down for kicking the hell out of some of the Emperor's slave offal.

We will have to twist their arm to make characters of us in the 40k universe Bigred....

I just want a High Marshell Rose or Darkwynn.. that is all... Its not much

Who is Vigil Games and what have they made before? O.o
    So many MMO's coming out, and many I am interested in. How will I ever have the time...?

Veteran-Sergeant

If it's a monthly pay thing then it can GTF. Is £40 not enough per game for these companies that they need to charge a fortune to play MMORPG's

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew283 View Post
    If it's a monthly pay thing then it can GTF. Is £40 not enough per game for these companies that they need to charge a fortune to play MMORPG's
    I too will only pick it up if it follows the same approach to subscription fees as my only other MMO, Guild Wars.

I didn't pick up LOTRO because of subscription fees, 40K Online will be no different.

It's most likely going to be monthly pay....look at Warhammer online....a very good idea but because of the monthly fee and the lack of any real incentive in-game (major server problems during sieges) to continue playing a lot of ppl have left the game...40k online unless it is very well thought out could well end up with the same problems...

Not even remotely interested. Bending fluff slightly for the sake of gameplay I can usually forgive in 40k video games. I can even imagine a 40k MMO that could work and not go outside of my personal boundaries of gameplay>fluff.

However it is certainly not anything like the game Vigil is likely making. Everyone will be playing grand heroes that cannot be killed, make fast friends with normally untrustworthy allies or otherwise poorly excused cooperative ventures. Ancient and irreplaceable relics will be passed out like candy as suddenly there's a half dozen duplicates of them at any given time.

Lastly, if there's any solid evidence I can point to besides my own worst fears, it's that Joe Madureira has been brought on as the creative director for the game. For those of you familiar with him, you're likely already cringing. For those who are not, he's the comic artist responsible for gems such as 'Battle Chasers' and 'Ultimates Vol. 3', as well as the artistic direction for his upcoming video game baby 'Darksiders' (also a Vigil title). Have a look at some of his work and see if you can't discern why I might be more than a little concerned about his heavy presence in the staff of the 40k mmo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast