BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 40k online?

Initiate

I was hoping this was going to be a MMFPS(Massively Multiplayer First Person Shooter, for those scratching their heads) but it looks like it's gonna be RP instead like WAR.

Veteran-Sergeant

Well, in my opinion, the best a 40k MMO could be would be something similar to Diablo, Fallout, and Mass Effect, and the main thing being based around you as an Inquisitor.
    I could well fancy seeing a few Shadows Of The Colossus-type bits to land on planets, finding ancient temples, etc..

I want to see a MMORTS - a combination of DOW with a dynamic largescale battle field like the Dynaverse in the old Starfleet command series.

Groups of players fight battles on map hexes in order to claim them for their side.

Joe

Wait, this guy did work with Jeph Loeb?

I'm a huge fan of Jeph, does great work (and a damned shame about his son, whose work was inspiring to say the least).

I'd love to see a decent MMROPG/MMORTS, but pulling all those elements toegether will be difficult at best.

Agreed on Warhammer Online...I tried the trial, and was disappointed...it seemed to lack direction/fun. The battle areas were different, but that was about all there was to it.

Thumbs down

**sobs* I feel like my heart just got ripped out there....if what you say is true......then it fails before it begins...and warhammer online has great potential, but the devs seem to be more interested in festivals than fixing issues. I had to let that subscription lapse when I had nothing left to do, Im not paying for it

No matter what I'll have to at least give it a try...

Hivefleet Cobra-Kai

I have some hope. A lot of the people on the Design team actually play. which is a huge plus. We'll see how it goes.

Far too early to come to any conclusions about it, with one piece of concept art released. I'm pretty much over the whole mmo thing myself, but it would be good to see a successful 40k mmo. More royalties and branc recognition for GW.

Default Can't Wait

i can't wait for this to come out. i have been researching for a while now and haven't found a lot of info but it looks like they are trying to include as many races as possible and as much character customization as possible... i have been waiting for a 40k mmo for a long time.

A 40K MMO has massive potential, but I fear it'll never fulfill that potential.

Warhammer Online is OK, not a bad game, but its potential hasn't been realized.

If the 40K MMO is in fact centered around Space Marine v Chaos Space Marine, I'd want to see it organized around squads, companies & chapters. No soloing, everyone has a part to play in the grand scheme.

And leveling wouldn't be so much about gaining xp and stats but performing well in battle and being promoted, given better equipment and higher command status or a new gear. The standard leveling system present in so many games is old, tired and someone needs to come up with something new and exciting, it's the 21st century for gods sake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast