BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    I'm fine with Wyrd's models, because I don't have to finish the sculpting job for them before I can play them.
    Yeah, but holy smokes, they sometimes come in a lot of parts... I've only gotten one box so far, and the figures are amazing, but putting them together was a heck of an experience, not to mention cleaning the mold lines off small bits. Thankfully, not many to do in a force, and, as noted, they look amazing.

I thought I would update this thread with my latest news, ...

So I finally got around to trying to do something with the models from the starter set. First step was to try and straighten out the warped parts, as if I could not, then the whole thing was a waste of time.

I poured some boiling water into a mug, dipped a bent axe into the water and watched it straighten out before my eyes. Out of the water and within a few seconds it was hard again and seems to of suffered no ill effects. Suffice to say, that within about 5 mins I had sorted out most of the bent parts.

If I had known it was going to be so easy, I would of done it weeks ago!

So although the mold lines are still bit of a hassle to clean up, I am now quite happy with my Warmachine models and looking forward to painting them (and then buying some more - well, if I like playing the game anyway!).

I had (some of) the same issues. Was very disappointed in the mold lines, seemed like it came off the back end of a run. Not really the product you want to be facing newcomers to your line with.

Cleaned it up and it went together alright, though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234