BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

I'd have to change the Vindicare to look like Sinon from Sword Art Online 2.

Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

Models look great. I like that they're keeping with the aesthetic that the assassins already had, and the poses with the terrain just make it all the more awesome. The one running on the side of that one piece of structure is great, and the Vindicare pressed up against the column is perfect.

Can't wait to see the 360's on them!

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    "Full rules inside for Assassins in Warhammer 40,000"

I sure am glad I never bought Codex: Assassins (edit: Sorry, I mean "Dataslate: Officio Assassinorum"). That's saved me £7.59 right there
    I did buy it.

With that, 40K 6th edition, and Escalation (Stronghold Assault and Codex Imperial Knights still have a few pages of rules that weren't obsoleted 2-5 months later), I'm really scoring high on the "GW Sucker Scale."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    As someone who has just sold his entire Magic the Gathering collection for nearly four figures (and it's fairly depleted anyway), I agree!
    MtG can be obscenely expensive, true (which makes it funny that a friend is thinking of getting into it after giving up on WFB and getting disillusioned a bit with 40K even), but I have individual armies that I can sell for nearly four figures... or possibly even four figures. If I sold my whole collection, it'd be quite well up there. Especially as I have some rare and older models, which is where value stacks up with MtG collections.

- - - Updated - - -

Assassins look similar enough to the current ones that I'll only need models for the ones I don't have. Though I can't seem to find my Callidus or Eversor, so that's pretty much all of them except Vindicator (which I have like three or four of because my dad kept getting them in lots and had one or two of his own).

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

so, looking at that cultist in the background it appears that they might just be a recut of the Dark Vengeance ones.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    so, looking at that cultist in the background it appears that they might just be a recut of the Dark Vengeance ones.
    Yes they are, it's been said as much with the rumours. Same as the 3 chaos marines and The Lord. All current models.
    Me I think I'm becoming more a collector now and couldn't resist a bit of a splurg on some Orks. They are fun to paint. I will maybe get the Assassins when they become available on their own but I don't need the game.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

I wonder if the 40K rules for the Callidus includes "may never receive cover save unless behind mountain."

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Yes they are, it's been said as much with the rumours. Same as the 3 chaos marines and The Lord. All current models.
    Me I think I'm becoming more a collector now and couldn't resist a bit of a splurg on some Orks. They are fun to paint. I will maybe get the Assassins when they become available on their own but I don't need the game.
    right, missed that, I'll pick this up if I have some spare cash at the end of the week (2 minute noodles for a few nights should do it) I am at the point where about all im interested in from GW are its stand alone games. I'd pass if it was just the assassins but the board game as a whole might be fun.

Do we know if it is two player only? or is it 5 with one person for each of the assassins?

edit: Read the first page, sounds cool. Bit surprised at the suggestion that the Chaos Sorcerer was the terminator kit....surely its more likely that its along the style of the character blisters (I expect that for the assassins as well) given that the cultists and CSMs are that style
    Last edited by daboarder; 04-20-2015 at 07:14 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    via MOOSE PUNCHER 4-20-2015
    What is the WD hint, and is it Dark Angels??

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I did buy it.

With that, 40K 6th edition, and Escalation (Stronghold Assault and Codex Imperial Knights still have a few pages of rules that weren't obsoleted 2-5 months later), I'm really scoring high on the "GW Sucker Scale."
    Oh, I'm not far behind you. Hell, I bought the Collector's Edition of 6th Edition, that one still hurts. Two years I got out of it! Two years! And yet I didn't learn anything because I bought the Munitorum Edition of 7th Edition to get the weeny rules and the objective tokens, and within a couple of months it was made entirely redundant because I had objective tokens from the Warboss Edition of the Ork Codex and a weeny rulebook from the Librarium. In my defence, I couldn't possibly have predicted that we'd start getting limited edition codexes with something other than different dust jackets, but still. Pain.

Chapter-Master

Disappointed with the vindicare, he needs to be firing. Still, at least it saves me £75
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast