BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Chaplain

I retract every thing I just said. Yesterday I took on an Imperial Knight, a squad of Skitarii Vanguard and Sicarian Infiltrators. I had a serpent full of wraith guard and a spirit seer, a farseer on a jet bike with 4 jetlocks, a storm guardian squad and a defender guardian squad. Psychic Shriek killed 80% of the infantry. The DG bright lance took out a hull point on the Knight and the 5 wraith cannon shots took out another hull point on the Knight, despite, Doom Guide and Spirit Mark.

The Knight then tore me a new one. So much for those infullable D weapons. In fact, my shooting accounted for 3 vanguard and two hull points over 6 turns of play. And yes, in terms of points, the Eldar force was bigger by 250 and still lost.

I want some real power for the Dar

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

statistical outliers and anecdotes do not a compelling argument make
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm an Eldar player and I'll be honest: I don't like Wraith Knights.

I may be showing my age but I feel that Superheavys and Fliers and strength D are an escalation that the core game did not need. They've been around in Apocalypse for ages, and were fine there, but adding them to games under 2,000 points or so seems... excessive.

I will make an exception for D-cannons. Since they're largely immobile, have very poor range for an artillery piece, and have to deal with scatter, having strength D is kinda nice for them. As for the Wraithguard ultra-flamers... I'm going to suggest it's overkill having them at that level.

Now get off my lawn!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gargoyle View Post
    storm guardian squad
    You took one of the the only bad units in a Codex overflowing with very strong and competitive choices. Then you complain about needing "real power for the Dar." Argument invalid.

Chaplain

Storm Guardians are more dangerous than you'ld think. A warlock for Conceal and a lucky roll on the psychic table, blade storming pistols, 2 x fusion guns S8, AP1- melta, and two power weapons, (Though they made these expensive in the latest Dex). I've shot tanks SM & CSM with them, blatted Tau and Kroot, and I would have backed them against the Vanguard in most circumstances. However, even following your point of view, that does not account for 5 wraith cannon, two bright lances and a shuriken cannon only removing 2 hull points on the Knight and, Psychic Shriek being responsible for 12 out of 15 enemy being removed as casualties over 6 turns.

As far as statistical anomalies are concerned, I'm the exception that proves the rule

Veteran-Sergeant

I actually rather like my storm guardians. There aren't that many ways for Eldar to get actual flamethrowers, and they fit my Uthwe theme nicely. Most of the Warlock powers are good for them and as a general rule mine manage to get something done in each game.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567