I am planning to start a chapter of my own creation, a successor of the Imperial Fists and therefore using the Imperial Fist Chapter Tactics. In addition, I will be utilizing the Sentinels of Terra supplement, replacing the Bolter Drill Special Rule with the Close Range Bolter Drill. I planned to use Pedro Kantor as my HQ, but then I hit a niggling rules snag that needs clarification.

In Pedro Kantor's "Oath of Rynn" special rule, the codex says: "If Chapter Master Kantor is your Warlord, all friendly models in Crimson Fists detachments have the Preferred Enemy (Orks) special rule...etc.", and then in his "Hold the Line" special rule, it says: "If your army includes Pedro Kantor, friendly units of Crimson Fists Sternguard Veterans are scoring units". The first of these special rules specifies that the detachment must be a Crimson Fist detachment, and the second seems only to apply to Crimson Fists Sternguard Veterans.

My question is this: may I have my chapter use Sentinels of Terra special rules and also make use of Pedro Kantor's special rules?

On the one hand, I don't see any problem with creating a chapter, counting it as an Imperial Fist successor (which the codex clearly permits), counting it as a Sentinels of Terra detachment, and including Pedro Kantor in this army. On the other hand, if I wanted to make use of Kantor's "Oath of Rynn" and "Hold the Line" special Rules, I would also have to have my detachment count as Crimson Fists. May I do this?

Strictly speaking, there is no such thing as a set of Crimson Fist special rules, which makes me think I can. Pedro Kantor actually has "Chapter Tactics (Imperial Fists)" special rule, so it's not as if I am using more than one set of Chapter Tactics in the same detachment, which the codex does not permit. However, it does seem a little cheap since I am effectually saying that my army is both Sentinels of Terra and Crimson Fists.

It's worth bearing in mind though: Crimson Fists are a chapter, but Sentinels of Terra are a company. This might be relevant.

Any thoughts? Can I use Pedro Kantor's Crimson Fist-specific special rules in an Imperial Fist successor chapter counting as a Sentinels of Terra detachment?

thx