BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Help for my new high competitive BA (CAD) army 1850

Here is my new competitive Blood Angels 1850 army list and some basic tactics. Please give your opinion about it. How would this list work against your own army? What would you change and what would you add for 2000 points game? Maby allies?

Combined Arms Detachment
    HQ
    Mephiston 175 points
    Chaplain (with Auspex) 95 points

ELITE
    10 Sternguard Veterans (5 x combi-grav, 5 x combi-melta, serg has melta bombs) with dedicated Drop pod 360 points

TROOPS
    Full Tactical squad (Heavy flamer, flamer, veteran sergeant with power sword and inferno pistol) with dedicated Razorback (Storm bolter, twin-linked assault cannon, dozer blade) 290 points

Full Tactical squad (Heavy flamer, flamer, veteran sergeant with combi-flamer) with dedicated Rhino (extra storm bolter and dozer blade) 230 points
    Full Tactical squad (Heavy flamer, flamer, veteran sergeant with combi-flamer) with dedicated Rhino (extra storm bolter and dozer blade) 230 points

FAST ATTACK

5 man Assault squad (2 x melta gun, sergeant with double inferno pistols) with dedicated Drop pod 135 points

HEAVY SUPPORT

5 man Devastator squad (with 4 heavy bolters, veteran sergeant with combi-flamer) 130 points
    Storm Raven gun ship (extra armour, twin linked assault cannon, twin linked multi melta) 205 points

Tactics:

Meph and Chapy will strike from the sky with Assault squad OR jump in to the Storm Raven with the first tactical squad.

Sternguard will land with drop pod and spray some death as one squad or two combat squad.

Tactical one will ride in Storm Raven and leave its Razorback for the Devastators (this way Razor will be Objective Secured!)
    Tactical two and Three will capture objectives and hold them tight.

Assault squad will land (with Meph and Chapy or alone) and destroy one target with their 4 melta shots.

Devastators will jump in to the Razorback and work as AA vs. soft flyer and monters. Also capture objective (skyfire nexus would be nice )

Storm Rave will work as AA unit and deliver Tactical one (with Meph and Chapy or alone) to target.

General questions:

Can I take and hold objectives? YES This army has UP TO 9 Objective Secured units (if I combat squad all Tacticals), many fast moving units and large Tactical squads with high Ld to hold objectives.

Can I destroy AV14? YES This army has 5 combi-gravs, 10 melta weapons, 2 assault cannons and missiles.

Can I kill Terminators or other 2+ armor? YES See above.

Can I kill hordes? YES This army has 8 flamer weapons, 2 assault cannons and 4 heavy bolters.

Can I destroy flyers? YES This army has Storm Raven and high volume of fire power from the ground.

How will I do vs. psykers? Should be no problem. Mephiston has adamantium will and psychic hood. Gives +3 psychic points.

How will I do vs. close combat armies? Should be no problem. Mephiston is a Beast in cc with Chaplain. Most units have Heavy flamers and flamers to cause high damage on over watch and ALL BA have their furious charge if I get to assault.

Anything I forget?

THANX FOR YOUR HELP!

Devastators jumping into the Razorback is a bad idea, it has no fire points.
    So any turn in there you are wasting their shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Djbz View Post
    Devastators jumping into the Razorback is a bad idea, it has no fire points.
    So any turn in there you are wasting their shooting
    You are right. It is suposed to be optional for them if I need to re-locate them to a better location or give them cover from high volume fire units like lootas, venoms or any Eldar units. Main idea was to get that Razorback to be Objective Secured.

I´v been thinking about changing one HB to Missile Launcher to fully benefit from the devastator sergeants ability to boost one model´s BS.

This army is going to be fully painted in detail and in WYSIWYG. Got some video, picture and battle reports coming out when I get it done. Right no its about half done.
    Last edited by World Of Pain; 04-19-2015 at 07:35 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Some ideas for you:

Drop one marine from the Sternguard unit and put in an Inquisitor, get him Prescience.

Take a Rhino instead of Razorback, try making the devastator squad 2 Missile launchers with Flakk. Putting the devastators in the transport is awesome, and imagine being able to sky fire out of it!

I love the drop pod with 4 meltas, why not take another identical assault squad?
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"