BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Is he a fluff player or a power gamer?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fluff Player

4 21.05%
  • Power Gamer

15 78.95%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Whilst I agree with Deadlift, having fun is the most important part of the game, I do feel that we as gamers have a responsibility to help our opponents have fun as well. If not out of wanting to share a fun game but also in a self-serving manner of ensuring we have people who are happy to play against us. This doesn't mean that we should all only play the worst lists, but instead we should try to play in the same tier (for want of a better word) as our opponent.

one of the reasons why I haven't commented on the OP's question is because I have no idea what the OP plays and fields. was the OP steam rolling every game to the point where the space marine player felt they needed to take more competitive options, did the OP's opponent just decided that netlisting was in his best interest.

I myself am certainly not a competitive player, nor do I really like a lot of the 40k fluff, but I do enjoy a close tactical game (within my self imposed limits) along with building converting and painting Miniatures.

First-Captain

I think thats one of the key differences between a hobby player and a competitive player, both want to win, one doesn't care if thats at the expense of his opponents fun.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    What does it matter ? Is he having fun ? Sounds like it. That's the important thing right ?
    Jeeze Deadlift

Honestly mate, you should know by now that trying to play a competitive game of 40k immediately means that you are the hypothetical offspring of Cruela Devile and Hitler.

After all its been made very clear in the 4 or 5 long posts in the last two days discussing the same thing over and over again (not whining though they promise ) that if you are not playing the game with the "lol dice" idea of "fun" in mind then you are an abomination and should be scorned and reviled.

After all subjective fun is only a one way street, It doesn't matter if YOU want to play the game your own way, we're not here for you, you should be down on your knee's groveling and grateful that someone even deigned to allow you to gaze upon their own idea of "fun".

Imagine the collective mental implosion if people didnt have competitive gamers to compare themselves to and determine that they we're so much more enlightened than the filthy "competitive players" because THEY take their opponents idea of "fun" into consideration (unless the opponent is a filthy competitive player)
    Last edited by daboarder; 04-20-2015 at 06:41 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Iron Father

lol.
    I've all but given up on the game entirely to be honest. I still like to paint but this year has really turned into a love hate relationship with the game for me. I walked out of my model shop yesterday with some Orks to paint for fun and a Haqqislam starter set.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

lol.
    I've all but given up on the game entirely to be honest. I still like to paint but this year has really turned into a love hate relationship with the game for me. I walked out of my model shop yesterday with some Orks to paint for fun and a Haqqislam starter set.
    OOO Haqqislam, good choice.

How you going to paint them? I've always liked the idea of a very Lawrence of Arabia look

EDIT: Actually if you want a recomendation, Haqqislam is in a very good spot in that if the Hassasins interest you, buying the Hassassin starter as a second purchase boosts your potential lists to 200 pts and they work really well together. The hassasins provide the tricks and the reg starter provides the Order pool
    Last edited by daboarder; 04-20-2015 at 07:24 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Iron Father

Not sure yet, you may have given me some food for thought . I do like the traditional colour scheme but I will "liven" it up a bit.
    No airbrush with these though....well maybe a bit.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Not sure yet, you may have given me some food for thought . I do like the traditional colour scheme but I will "liven" it up a bit.
    No airbrush with these though....well maybe a bit.
    well if you wind up on the infinity Forums let us know, would love to see your stuff over there, I post under the same handle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12