BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

I think they riff well with the Heresy era Mechanicum automata. They look lower tech - more industrial grade stuff co-opted than specifically designed for work.

Paint job is somewhat plain though, which does make them stand out from the more varied palette of the other units.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I think the robots would look fine with a new head, or possibly filling in the weird white visor bit with green stuff and putting some lenses on.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah, not digging the bots. Everything else is pretty ace though!
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

Goodness, those big chunky robots are adorable.

The Magos models look great. All the rest... look, I've said that AdMech isn't really my bag, and that stands, but it's definitely cool.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Natfka's post stating the Knight Warden being a Lord of War makes a lot more sense if it's a Lord of War for a Mechanicus army rather than a Knight army. What are those images from though? Looks like a giant poster?

The robots are definitely underwhelming, though the HQ, and the tech-priest in the robot unit look neat. I think army wise though I'll probably stick with just fielding Skitarii units...

I'm definitely getting one of everything, at the very least.

I still think it's the paint job making them look odd. No real detailing to it. Plus, I reckon we'll see additional weapon fits for them.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

yeah the paint scheme definitely doesn't help, too much flat red. needs some bronze in there.

if you compare them side by side to the Castellax, there isn't actually a huge amount of difference, I think it would be quite easy to get them looking similar.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    Natfka's post stating the Knight Warden being a Lord of War makes a lot more sense if it's a Lord of War for a Mechanicus army rather than a Knight army. What are those images from though? Looks like a giant poster?
    Reminds me of the kind of posters they'd send to independent retailers showing upcoming releases to get them excited and convince them to order some of the kits (which I imagine is also what the checkboxes are for). The text really pushes that idea.

Also makes sense that someone wouldn't want to share them too quickly, too, as it might be easy to trace which store leaked them, and that might cause the store some issues with GW.

The battle servitors are awesome. Magos Dominus and Knight are fantastic too.

The robots?

They look like something you'd get in a f**king Kinder egg. They look like those cheap toys you find in pound shops. They are absolutely horrible.

What the f**k happened?
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Reminds me of the kind of posters they'd send to independent retailers showing upcoming releases to get them excited and convince them to order some of the kits (which I imagine is also what the checkboxes are for). The text really pushes that idea.
    I have no idea what they send to independent retailers, but they've been putting a very similar poster for Khorne stuff into every mail order since Daemonkin came out.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast