BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Very, very interesting that they're sending these posters out to retailers (and not just one as a fluke - I've seen at least one other retailer with this poster today). Finally giving stores the ability to advertise things in advance? Hallelujah and praise for this move, GeeDubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I have no idea what they send to independent retailers, but they've been putting a very similar poster for Khorne stuff into every mail order since Daemonkin came out.
    Well, I'm not sure if they're doing it now, but it's something they used to do in the past. I remember a time when independent retailers would eagerly break out the preorder looks and check out what's coming in the next few weeks (or even months!) and people would get fired up. But that was not just before GW became so paranoid, but also before they started treating independent retailers as the enemy.

Never did much serious mail order with GW over the years. These days, all my "mail order" is done at a terminal in a GW store and directed to ship to the store, so the manager gets credit for the sale (as he bloody well should, because the man has people so fired up about GW stuff... when you see things like a store literally packed full of people, or like 30 orders for Space Hulk, at least half a dozen for Execution Force, etc., the guy responsible for that deserves to get credit for it).

Yeeeey, Baymax in 40k!

Librarian

look at that Fat Asimo

at least because of their size I feel totally comfortable using my old Collosi as counts as

Brother-Captain

Aww man am I tempted by an AdMech force. Cannot afford one though, not now anyway, but when I can it is gonna be real hard to ignore the call of the machine cult. I'm loving everything on that poster, including the robots which it seems are not to everyone's tastes, they are certainly drawing more flak than anything else. I think they're brilliant, though my favourite unit has to be the tracked servitor things.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Yeeeey, Baymax in 40k!
    LOL. My thought exactly! The forgeworld variant is very cool, though, so I don't know how they messed that up

Also, to chime in, I wish they had just made one $80 (or whatever) codex instead of 2 books that are both skimpy on units. Then, split it up years from now when there are enough models to justify 2 books.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Aww man am I tempted by an AdMech force. Cannot afford one though, not now anyway, but when I can it is gonna be real hard to ignore the call of the machine cult. I'm loving everything on that poster, including the robots which it seems are not to everyone's tastes, they are certainly drawing more flak than anything else. I think they're brilliant, though my favourite unit has to be the tracked servitor things.
    Kidneys are currency.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

One thing I am liking so far, I can make tech thralls, Castellax, and Myrmidons in plastic out of these
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

True that....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Those robots have some gnarly shooting!!!

each fist can be turned into a S6 AP3, twl Assault 3 gun... and if they stand still they can fire twice! Two Robits and a priest dude < 300pts.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast