BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Star Wars: Rogue One (December 16, 2016)

Concept art. There was a teaser at Star Wars Celebration but it's not on youtube yet. Well it was but Disney made them take it down.

Gareth Edwards is directing, screenplay by Christ Weitz, story bu Gary Whitta.

Starring Felicity Jones.

Star Wars tweeted:
    A band of resistance fighters unite for a daring mission to steal the Death Star plans in Star Wars anthology film, Rogue One
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

interesting
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Yay!

It is a might fine time to be a Nerd!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

"Anthology film," eh?

And it still sounds like it should be about Rogue Squadron. That works for the mission type (given what they did with RS in the books and comics), but I'm not sure if that's what they're doing, given that screenshot. Guess we'll see.

Chapter-Master

Didn't Kyle Katarn and Jane waserface stealthe plans?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Didn't Kyle Katarn and Jane waserface stealthe plans?
    Depends on the plans. Also, Katarn isn't canon any more. The only canon info we have on the DS plans being stolen is that some Rebels stole the DS1 plans and gave them to Leia, and many Bothans died to get the DS2 plans. I doubt the Shadows of the Empire arc about the DS2 plans is considered canon any more.

I love a lot of the EU, but I am totally fine with replacing it with a new core canon, so they can actually do new movies and maybe even TV series that aren't held to the mass of insanity the EU had become.

Chapter-Master

Ach ES, I find it so hard. Especially whilst FFG just released Dash Rendar's Outrider...

And I thought his case agent Jan was pretty good.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

They've also released cards for Corran Horn, Soontir Fel, Turr Phenir, and so many cool characters from the EU, plus things like the E-wing. But hey, if including "Legends" stuff in games lets a company sell more stuff and makes people happen, which in turn makes more royalties for Disney, Disney's going to allow it. Smart move on their part, really, especially as they work to build up the new canon.

Needs more than a token woman, otherwise a [URL="http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-one-the-daring-mission-has-begun-cast-and-crew-announced"]very diverse and talented cast[/URL].

That's how you promote a film with a woman protagonist, not even a hint of sexualization there. Just great.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Depends on the plans. Also, Katarn isn't canon any more...
    But remember that the holiday special is totally 1st tier cannon.

www.GardenNinja.com