BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Default Why do some people keep insisting that Spirit Leech is a psychic attack?

Why do some people keep say that Spirit Leech is a psychic attack? Can anyone tell me where in the Tyranid codex that it says that? I am on page 62 of the Tyranid codex where it lists Tyranids psychic powers. Spirit Leech is not there.

So why do they keep insisting it's a psychic attack? Just so it will fallow under the FAQ rule of the BRB?

*edit* I thought I was in the rules section, sorry.

Abbess Sanctorum

Why do you keep insisting that it's relevant that it is or isn't a psychic attack according to the discussion on the bols blog comments? You still have no proof that it is capable of targeting units in a transport, for instance.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Possibly because it's a psionic ability of a psyker. But it is not. On the other hand the psychic attack FAQ sets a precedent that affects Spirit Leech.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Why do you keep insisting that it's relevant that it is or isn't a psychic attack according to the discussion on the bols blog comments? You still have no proof that it is capable of targeting units in a transport, for instance.
    What BolS blog comments are you talking about? I don't know about any blog. I was just reading other posts that someone asked, about the new BRB FAQ that GW released, and someone mentioned the Doom rule again.

So that is why I asked why do people say it's a psychic attack when it's not listed as one.

I did, and while it's not a straight out interpretation it sets a precedents that has parallels in the Doom issue.

Abbess Sanctorum

Wait, you go to the BoLS Lounge and you don't read the blog or comments? What?
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Wait, you go to the BoLS Lounge and you don't read the blog or comments? What?
    Today I am in one of those moods, where I just wanted to read the forums instead of anything else.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    So why do they keep insisting it's a psychic attack?
    They can't read.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Possibly because it's a psionic ability of a psyker. But it is not. On the other hand the psychic attack FAQ sets a precedent that affects Spirit Leech.
    Well, in the fluff it's a psionic ability. Rules-wise, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    They can't read.
    Either that, or they don't read english
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    I did, and while it's not a straight out interpretation it sets a precedents that has parallels in the Doom issue.
    Actually it does not. Ruling regarding psychic abilities has absolutely nothing to do with the Spirit Leech ability of the Doom.

As has been stated a couple of hundred times, the ability ist no form of psychic attack or psychic power at all. You might want it to be but that changes nothing in the wording of it.
    You might as well claim that the ruling regarding psychic effects and transported troops covers the ability as well, but as long as this is not FAQed, we won't know for sure.

There are two ways in dealing with this: talk with the opponent before the game or simply don't use the Doom at all. (you'll get about two and a half Hive Guard for the Doom in a Pod)

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast