BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Where? I don't see any proof, just a bit of whining. Post something, actual rules which state that it can target units embarked in a transport.

I'm waiting.
    I edited into my post right above yours.

Just for fun, if we ignore what was probably a terribly worded FAQ (as opposed to a FAQ not A a FQ) this is what happens:

The red embarked model is CLEARLY affected by the purple area of Spirit Leech.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	395  

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    No, there are rules there for Embarking and Disembarking, which proves your only trying to screw with the rules, nothing there to clear up the debate.

I quoted it, word for word, three posts above yours. Did you even read the page in question? (66 by the way)

"If the players need to measure a range involving the embarked unit (except for its shooting), this range is measured to or from the vehicle's hull.

You are absolutely wrong, and you absolutely should have known better.

And as it happens in the Shooting phase, it can still be argued as a shooting attack,regardless of whether it targets or not, it's the phase it happens in.
    It's not an attack at all. It doesn't matter whether it happens in the Shooting phase--it can't be a shooting attack if it's not an attack.

Is running a shooting attack? No. Obviously not. According to your "reasoning," though, it would be since it happens in the shooting phase--which demonstrates pretty concretely that your "reasoning" is inane.

Lets just all be patient and wait for an FAQ or Errata on this.
    No need. The rules on this are entirely clear to those who actually bother to read the rules.

I think Madness has just pointed out the second biggest flaw in trying to esque Embarktion and Disembarkion rules in a shoe horn fastion to enable the Doom to effect embarked units.

Veteran-Sergeant

The problem is it is clearly listed in the codex as a special rule not a psychic power in it's unit entry on page 58 and again in it's profile on page 89.

Regardless of fluff, this is a fact!

With this fact, I think the real question is, can a special rule affect an embarked unit?
    RAW by James May
    "The rules said hits on the car not on the wedding vegatables."

Librarian

Is anyone getting a sense of deja vu?
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by The Mystic View Post
    The problem is it is clearly listed in the codex as a special rule not a psychic power in it's unit entry on page 58 and again in it's profile on page 89.

Regardless of fluff, this is a fact!

With this fact, I think the real question is, can a special rule affect an embarked unit?
    Not unless it specifically says it can.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Bean, take a chill pill. Your taking a rule for embarktion out of context of the rest of the rule. It does not work the way you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I think Madness has just pointed out the second biggest flaw in trying to esque Embarktion and Disembarkion rules in a shoe horn fastion to enable the Doom to effect embarked units.
    Not at all. If, in fact, Madness was attempting to object to my conclusions, it was a particularly pathetic attempt. This is true for several reasons:

First, models in an embarked unit are not on the table. There's never a model in that particular position within a transport, because there's never a model in any position within a transport. They're all off the table. Only the unit's location is abstracted out to be the same as that of the transport's hull.

Second, the power affects units not individual models. All that matters is that the unit be within 6" of the Doom. The positions of each particular model within that unit doesn't really matter. You could just as easily have a situation where a non-embarked unit has only one model within 6" of the Doom and it could potentially be losing models which are quite a bit farther away from the Doom to Spirit Leech.

Madness has pointed out an odd consequence of the fact that some things in the game affect units, which allows them, in turn, to affect models in those units which are not, themselves, in range. However, this consequence is extremely common throughout 40k. Think about shooting--models that aren't in range of the firer's guns can be removed as casualties. This isn't restricted to the Doom, and it doesn't serve, in any way, as an argument against Spirit Leech affecting embarked units.

It isn't a flaw in my argument.

Of course, my argument doesn't try to "esque" anything. That's not even a word--what were you trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Not unless it specifically says it can.
    You keep alluding to a rule which prevents things from affecting embarked units unless they specifically say that they do.

Where is this mysterious rule? Can you quote it for us?

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast