BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Sooo.... still no Chaos Knights?

Okay, so maybe it's that the Eldar codex was so chock full of "HOLY SMOKES WOW!!!!" that pretty much anything would be overwhelming after it. But we're talking things like a super-heavy walker with 12 S6 AP3 Rending shots, 2 S8 AP3 Ordnance blasts, 2 melta guns (or is it one melta and one heavy stubber?), and 3 S8 AP3 shots, and still do some damage in close combat. Or one with 4 attacks (5 on the charge) with SD, and can opt to strike at I1 to be able to throw something (especially fun when assaulting a Monolith or Land Raider), and can still pack a gun on its back. Even the "lowly" Errant has a 36" range large blast MELTA cannon at S9, which means on the first turn you're likely to be in range for a 9+2D6 armor penetration roll.

And you have an army of those guys. With formations that give them all kinds of boosts.

So yeah, I'm not going to take a "meh" approach to them. Especially after I've seen some of the scheming people are doing locally to make nasty Knight lists for an upcoming convention tournament.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Strangely, no... I would think they'd be able to declare some of these "Chaos Knights" just by them going to Chaos, no need for new rules, just being able to work in Chaos armies easier. But hey, gotta sell Imperials, right? And their answer is probably that Chaos has the Lord of Skulls as a super-heavy walker.

If you think that's not right, then just remember the Orks have the Stompa, similarly expensive to the LoS, and their new Knight-sized kit is not a super-heavy. (And it shows, too. Ran a list with a Stompa, Knight, and Morkanaut, and the poor Morkanaut was the only one that actually got killed, being wrecked in the first turn by, of all things, another Ork list.)

You could run Knights in Chaos by deploying them 12" away and then being careful not to bring them too close to your other guys, but that's not terribly easy, and still doesn't let you do cheeky buggery like casting Invisibility on a Knight. (Been there, done that, it's mildly humorous to see an army of Guardsmen wondering what's stomping through their ranks squishing them all, but you also get this sense that you're a horrible, terrible person when you do it.)

Not yet, anyways. Though of course the change to 'Come The Apocalypse' means Chaos can field Imperial Knights if they so wish. Not ideal, but hey.

From my chinwag with the Forgeworld Knight Guy at Warhammerfest last year (fun even, good value given the low ticket price) his main concern with writing Chaos Knights is the Throne Mechanicum. It amplifies some aspects, and suppresses others. He feels this would make it harder for Chaos to take hold.

Well, apart from Slaanesh (excess! Pride! ELEVATED PRIDE ALREADY GET IN THERE!) and Khorne (Martial prowess? ELEVATED MARTIAL PROWESS! GET IN THERE!).

I still reckon we'll see them. Perhaps this time next year, given we've seen a-not-actual-trend-because-it's-only-twice-so-far of Knightly releases at this time of year, and Chaos does seem the next logical choice, as apart from a single God Specific LoW, they don't really have any all their own outside of Forgeworld.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

To be fair, it would be cool to see updates of those old Slaanesh Knights from Epic. They were pretty cool from what I remember.

Eh, If you haven't noticed yet though I just want more factions and armies generally. Seems GW are listening too
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

First-Captain

The fall of House Devine, who later formed the Hell-Knights, is covered in the Horus Heresy, which was great, one of my first White Dwarves had that fluff piece and the rules in.

Got a Warden today.

And they've upgraded their assembly booklets. It's now printed on the same stock as WD, and in colour. Also has a paint colour guide for the various houses.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

sounds cool
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Got a Warden today.

And they've upgraded their assembly booklets. It's now printed on the same stock as WD, and in colour. Also has a paint colour guide for the various houses.
    As well as that, it also had the parts on each piece marked where they recommend you put the glue. They also changed the order of assembly for a lot of the parts of the knight. Some of which make more sense for letting yoru glue dry on one bit while assembling another. Also love that you get all the parts to assemble both an Icarus cannon and one missile launcher.

Yep, that too

How about this one?

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/hsojvvad/media/CSMIK_zps9f41dd15.jpg.html][/URL]

Yes it's a kit bash, but man what a great one this person did.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920