BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default SALUTE 2015 Roundup Thread

This is the master roundup thread for all things UK SALUTE 2015

For this one thread, you can post on any and all game systems, GW and otherwise, so take your cameras and put stuff here!

Happy hunting everybody!

(we'll move this thread to a better spot after the show, but put it in 40K rumors to get it maximum exposure for the moment)
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I always forget when Salute is on! Only been once, and that was running the GW demo games. Happy days those.

Ah well.

Bring me many photos.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

I will be there and I will be reporting

Brother-Sergeant

I'll be there. Too busy working/spending cash to bother with pictures though!! LOL

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by PaD View Post
    I'll be there. Too busy working/spending cash to bother with pictures though!! LOL
    This is why google glass was conceived :P
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

I shall be there - didn't realise it would merit being a newshound...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Veteran-Sergeant

Bit of a heads up in advance then, (as I can't go anyway because work has stuck me on a ship out in Ecuador, also making me miss the new Avengers film :S ), about some new stuff that Wargames Tournaments will be having on show there.

Including:

- Some "Junk town" structures, suitable for Orks or Necromunda. The door in the gatehouse shown in the photo moves up and down I believe, moved by a cog in the side.

- Slot and Stack skirmish set, also good for Necromunda or other games with lots of corridors and levels... in fact, maybe this is the answer to overpowered Wraithknights? Just make the terrain so dense that they can't fit on the table!

You can build that to basically any height just adding in more slotted bulkheads. There are various sized floors/roof sections too.

Various other bits too like a church building, an orky hangar building, etc, lots more photos on [url]https://www.facebook.com/Wargamestournaments?ref=ts&fref=ts[/url] /
    Last edited by -Tom-; 04-24-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Chapter-Master

those look great
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

And so it beginsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150425_100623.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	13816

Chapter-Master

OK, this is probably not what everyone wants to know but I'll give you a quick rundown and rely on Energon Goodie to give better reports....

First thing I saw was this Blood Angel and accompanying IG trooper. Very good. They would not swap my pet gibbon for vouchers though. The Blood Angel was not pretty enough for a bangle but hey he was a giant gene beast so who am I to argue...

- - - Updated - - -

The next thing caught my eye was some excellent Warzone stuff. Good quality although it is not quite as chunky as the old mutant chronicle days.

Firstly - Cybertronic Walker. Taller than dread, smaller than knight.

Next, walker jobby from the Dark mutant side. Was nice, would fit in any Chaos Army.

Next, a flame tank which was knocking around behind the Brotherhood faction. Again, good quality kit, liked the look.

- - - Updated - - -

Next, the afore-mentioned Wargames Tournament MDF. It was nice, looked good and yes the luminous cog moves the gate up and down. Think £15 was just for the tower.

Next, a landing pad (skyshield) clearly Eldar stylee....

See the excellent icon on it.... However it is not etched deeply at all and you will have to do something epically clever to not avoid losing it under the paint...

- - - Updated - - -

Next up shows MBM scenery's excellent Humvee style vehicle. I put this up because a) I liked their quality and: b) It screams Cult Limousine to me....

- - - Updated - - -

Next up is a shot of the excellent 'Dambusters' participation game. As I watched, this aircraft dropped the bomb, it skipped the 3 times you can see and smashed open the dam! As the motto of the mighty 617 Squadron goes: "Apres Moi, Le Deluge'...

Next, The Galactica goes to flank speed to engage some 'Frakking Toasters'. This game saw several Battlestars facing off against Base wotsits. Worrying in the middle was a destroyed Battlestar, the lit engines were really good.

I am told this was Dropzone Commander but not sure. It was massive, well built and you can see the lit hangar deck with something (possibly an actual tabletop mini) emerging.

I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast