BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Salute draws many new products - but also some smaller firms. As an 'honoured mention' check out these guys - Maelstrom edge. You should be able to make all the details from the flyer. In short, good fluff, nice minis, a clever terrain that you just add plasticard to. 2 reassuring things - their kickstart is funded and they say it won't take 3 years to deliver. Also, he tells me it is a tight ruleset!

These next 2 shots are from a resin terrain firm I had not come across before - 'The Square'. All in for £21 the bits I had were a good mix of budget to quality, I felt I had a good deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Next, a clever thing. You know the old 'flashy candle' explosions? Well these were just well painted, 50p each - but weighted on a coin. I got 7 because that's how many drop pods I stick down at 1500pts...

This next shot shows some bits I got from the Zinge industries stall. Having come across them online, I welcomed the opportunity to see them in the flesh, I found the quality good. They do a clever flexible tech bitz range, that can fold and roll around stuff, so, vets, pipes, ammo belts etc. Also there LEDs for vehicles were there - very good.

They were next to Anvil Industrys who also do good bitz. There was also a few bits and bobs from Lounge Denizen Colonel Gravis (Curious Constructs) and I can tell you these are awesome up close.

The next 2 are the Show 'gizzit' - an Agincourt archer by the Perry Twins. Nice good quality hard plastic mini.

I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Lastly, I would like to 'mini review' the event. The Excel London is an awesome venue, good transport links, parking (although £15 for the day the gouging tw*ts) and the hall with the stands was vast.

herein lies the problem. The place was chocker with games, geeks and commercial stands. Every taste was catered for. But It was bloody crowded - Forgeworld had a 30 metre queue when I went past. A lot of the stalls were crowded around, and there was a huge amount of people rocking the 'giant back pack' look. Where my photos above are blurry its because I had to Iphone zoom rather than get in there and do a decent job. I found it a little too crowded and next year would probably not take my pet Gibbon. Also, I would have done better to plan my way around - so I could have shopped for bargains first thing, then got in some participation games. Might be worth also staying overnight in town and making it a weekend. I felt a little overwhelmed and there was a lot I didn't feel I gave enough attention to - the Antares thing was there, I missed out on a free Dredd mini, saw very little of the painting competition (which had awesome standards).

I will definitely go back - just using the 7 Ps next time and thinking about how to tackle it in advance. A big thanks though to South London Warlords for a mega event.
    Last edited by Denzark; 04-25-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    something (possibly an actual tabletop mini)
    [url]http://www.hawkwargames.com/products/seraphim-strike-fighter[/url]

And the ones emerging from the side are [url]http://www.hawkwargames.com/products/condor-medium-dropship[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    using the 7 Ps next time
    I know six Ps (proper planning prevents piss-poor performance). What's the seventh?

Chapter-Master

Prior preparation and planning...

Well, that's no good, you've gone and stuck an "and" in there. Now it's the 7 Ps and 1 A.

I can't really add anything else that has not been said, so I will just post my pics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraZOOM-20150425105312921.jpg 
Views:	646 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	13819Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraZOOM-20150425114123115.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	13820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraZOOM-20150425114130997.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	13821Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150425_123130.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	249.3 KB 
ID:	13822Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150425_123137.jpg 
Views:	576 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	13823Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150425_123146.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	312.2 KB 
ID:	13824Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150425_133242.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	13825Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150425_133245.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	13826Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150425_133250.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	220.6 KB 
ID:	13827

Nothing on the Halo games?

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayP226 View Post
    Nothing on the Halo games?
    ask and you shall receive

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beast-of-war2.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	13834Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beasts-of-war.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	13835Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beasts-of-war1.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	13836Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beasts-of-war3.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	13837Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beasts-of-war-5.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	13838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beasts-of-war6.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	13839

- - - Updated - - -

From the Spartan Website:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    The Halo: Fleet Battles, The Fall of Reach two player battle box is the ultimate way for fans of the Halo Universe to recreate pivotal space battles between the stalwart forces of the United Nations Space Command (UNSC) and the relentless Covenant armada. Developed in close cooperation with 343 Industries, The Fall of Reach puts you at the centre of the most pivotal naval conflict of the long Human-Covenant War, commanding massive fleets of deadly warships as they clash above the fortified human colony of Reach. Take humanity’s last stand to the gaming table!
    The Fall of Reach box contents include:
    • A full colour 100-page rulebook packed full of images and examples
    • Fall of Reach campaign guide
    • 49 highly-detailed plastic ship models
    • 25 custom Halo Dice
    • Fleet Commander Data Sheets
    • Flight Stands and Overlay Cards
    • Punch-out Scenery and Token sheets
    • Quick Guide reference sheets
    Halo: Fleet Battles delivers an easy to learn, lore-infused, tactically-rich gaming
    experience that appeals both to experienced wargamers and fans of the Halo Universe.
    REMEMBER DRAMOS!!!!!
    www.TheWayGate.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

looks like it was a fun day, wish i could of gone but couldn't find anyone to go with sadly. The hoth table looks amazing and I'm not even into SW at all. That dropzone ship is mindblowing - Dave and hawk wargames are doing really well it seems, I like how it is sub-orbital, makes it different to all the other spaceship games out there.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Any further info on that Battlestar Tabletop game? Hard to tell the scale...but I'm seeing Star Wars Armada/Battlestar crossover potential.
    (EDIT) Never mind, found it. Its Full Thrust using the 1/4100ish scale BSG models...The table is something like 10 feet x 6 feet (the BSG models are about 13" long).
    Last edited by kellyj; 04-27-2015 at 12:09 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12