BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Seems to be like if you just took the old Wraithknight at the new cost, kept Distort the same as it was, used the old Jetbike rules, and everything else was from the new codex, it would be a pretty awesome book.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

More... some powers got better...Mind War doesn´t backfire and Eldritch Blast got AP3...Fleshbane...okay...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

I'm impressed.

Yes, Strength D and lots of it is quite tempting.....but I'd struggle to say it's a definite no-brainier in the face of the other options open to you.

About the only 'why would you?' units from my perspective remain Wraithlords and Storm a Guardians - and even then that's mostly down to the general feel of the game - light assault troops and monstrous creatures are generally slightly bobbins across the board. They can certainly kill stuff, it's just other stuff kills stuff betterer.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Why would I Wraithlords?

Because I've got half a dozen of the buggers and I'm not going to let them sit around bibbling their lips!

They don't even have lips!

That is a fair point - but I'm talking as a non-Eldar player.

Definitely no actual sucky units in that Codex. I am very much looking forward to the other books being updated, despite it being quite a lot earlier than expected/typical.

In fact, I'm gonna pop out on a limb here.....ever since the Necron Codex, I can't think of one which has truly terrible units amongst no-brainers. Previously, Necron Flayed Ones were a definite 'but why would I?' type unit. No actually bad per se, but definitely outclassed within their own book.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Seems to be like if you just took the old Wraithknight at the new cost, kept Distort the same as it was, used the old Jetbike rules, and everything else was from the new codex, it would be a pretty awesome book.
    That's kind of my thinking also. Wraithlords could have used a buff, but otherwise the only two (three?) issues in the Codes are the WK and Jetbikes, and maybe the Wraithfighter.

im the only one who wants to stick a farseer near some warwalkers lol. guess my list wont be as good as the others

Chapter-Master

Granted, I'm pretty sure you can build just about the most broken army 40k's ever seen out of the good options, but other than that...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

I'd append "and remove the more broken formations/metaformation," but generally yes.

I think I'd be happy with the new Wraithknight but only at about +100 points. Other than that, as you say, keep the heavy weapons on jetbikes to 1 in 3 and keep the other Distort weapons with the old rules and I think we've got a good but not brokem codex.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast