BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post

Good luck getting that answer. They've been pretty unresponsive for a while now.
    Seems that they don't know themselves:

Hello [Defenestratus],

Thanks for writing in to us. I'm not sure if the listings are correct, or if these rules were missing in error, so I'll submit this to the Errata/ FAQ channel. If you have any other questions, then you can submit them directly by emailing [email][email protected][/email].

David Monroe
    Games Workshop
    North America Customer Services
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

I was just noticing that this weekend about the Phoenix Lords as well. Glad you sent them the email, too bad the answer was "unknown".

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Seems that they don't know themselves:
    Lovely. Every email I've sent to the FAQ address gives an auto response that they will address it in future FAQs... which have proven to be rather infrequent at best.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Same, only when said future FAQs have come out there's been no sign of my questions.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Same, only when said future FAQs have come out there's been no sign of my questions.
    Sadly, the same has been true of any questions I've asked.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chaplain

So I just realized you can equip grav-tanks, and vypers with the EML that has starhawk missiles standard. Giving your model 3 different types of shots for a relatively cheap upgrade. Yet Dark reapers don't get the option. Sad elves are sad. Which kinda asks the question, would you take an exarch with a DL with Autocannon or Icarus cannon with the Dark Reapers since they have so much range and the exarch gets fast shot?
    I thought it was reasonable for the starhawk missiles to become a fixture of the EML without additional cost. But I was surprised to see the upgrade come down in points cost also. I think it would have been just as reasonable to retain the upgrade cost listed in the last dex. The Dark Reapers do get the Starhawk option through the Exarch who can take an EML instead of the reaper, which would be my choice now. Sad elves not so sad, but meaner.

Not sure what a "DL" or Icarus cannon is?

Chaplain

I have spotted some oddities with some of the in dependant characters.

Barbarity does not have intercept
    Karandras does not have stalker
    Maughan ra does not get the reaper launcher

The autarch has gone from his original incarnation of uber aspect warrior leader to (for certain aspects) a complete numpty who also turned up. For banshee he looses them acrobatic (wait for me). Scorpions the extra camo (could you not work a little more green into your uniform). Avengers there defend over watch ability (.....no i can't see the logic behind that one). It is also if a correctly equips it is unclear if he can use or looses warp spiders their flicker jump.
    Other aspects don't loose their abilities.

Dave l
    Having read this I reviewed the previous dex and noted the same situation applied. Unit specific traits were not necessarily applicable to the PL's. And lets face it, Does Morgan Ra need a RRF when he has BS 7?

Karandras might not have Stalker but Hunters Strike makes up for it in my book, move on the board from any side guaranteed second turn is brutal.

Barbarity doesn't have intercept but it does not negate it for the rest of the team and he brings his own Shiny buffs. (Never really paid attention to feather benders before this dex)

As for the Autarch, he has always had a limited impact on the units he joins. The rules for an IC state he does not transfer benefits or acquire benefits when joining a unit unless the special rule specifically states he does, so it is nothing new. Having said that, if I put a Warp Generator pack on his back, I'ld confirm with my opponent that this would tie him in with the Flickerjump, not that I had ever teamed him with Spyders. I usually teamed him with Scorpions, or Storm Guardians for that extra fusion weapon, and even Dragons for a little counter assault.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gargoyle View Post
    I thought it was reasonable for the starhawk missiles to become a fixture of the EML without additional cost. But I was surprised to see the upgrade come down in points cost also. I think it would have been just as reasonable to retain the upgrade cost listed in the last dex. The Dark Reapers do get the Starhawk option through the Exarch who can take an EML instead of the reaper, which would be my choice now. Sad elves not so sad, but meaner.

Not sure what a "DL" or Icarus cannon is?
    DL = defense line with the gun emplacements. I know that the Exarch gets the EML as an upgrade, I just Meant the reaper launchers didn't get it. But you might be right, thinking about it; having the Exarch with 3 weapon options with same range as the squad is a great option. And I really think for almost 10 points less and 12" more range with 3 types of shots vs 2 types with Ap-3 the EML is the better choice overall.

you guys are making me feel bad about fielding my Land Raider Achilles, and plasma talon dark angles

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617